SCROLL DOWN FOR THIS WEEK'S VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with co-owner Mark Caragiulo of Caragiulos for linguine fra diavolo. Caragiulos opened in 1989. The business, located at 69 S. Palm Ave., is owned by the Caragiulo family and features Italian-American cuisine.
Linguine fra diavolo, which means "brother devil" in Italian, refers to a spicy tomato sauce. Caragiulos' fra diavolo dish features scallops, mussels, clams, shrimp and calamari. Click here for more "In the Kitchen" recipes.
Learn how to make linguine fra diavolo and watch an instructional video below:
Linguine fra diavolo
• 3 Gulf shrimp
• 2 scallops
• 4 mussels
• 3 clams
• 3 ounces calamari
• 1 ounces minced shallots
• 1 ounces minced garlic
• Salt and pepper
• Red pepper flakes
• 1 ounces each fresh herbs (basil, parsley and mint)
• 4-6 ounces white wine
• 4 ounces San Marzano tomato puree
• 6-8 ounces al dente cooked linguine
• 1 ounce of butter
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1. Heat olive oil in saute pan. Add shrimp and scallops. Season with a pinch of each: salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. When the shrimp have a nice sear on them, remove them from pan. Leave scallops in the pan. Add mussels and clams to pan. Add garlic and shallots to the pan. Drizzle a little more olive oil in the pan, then add calamari. Stir all seafood in pan.
2. Deglaze the pan with white wine (Pinot Grigio suggested). Add tomatoes. Add another pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Add fresh herbs. Cook on medium high so the wine sauce is bubbling. Continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until the shellfish opens. Once the shellfish have opened, add the shrimp back into the pan. Mix all ingredients.
3. Add cooked pasta to the pan. Add butter to help finish the sauce. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Plate in a large shallow bowl, and move the shellfish to the top. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
For more In the Kitchen videos, click here.
Currently 0 Responses
13 Fifth Annual CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
13 CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
14 Free Spirograph Art Event For The Kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 Green Tara Empowerment
14 Cat Depot: Leashwalking
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
14 "Rainforest Friends: The Rainforest from A to Z"
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
17 Financing Our Foodshed with Carol Peppe Hewitt
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
18 8th Annual Sustainable Communities Workshop
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Sarasota Chapter #115 of Ikebana International held its annual holiday luncheon demonstration Dec. 2.
Frosty the sandman
Beachgoers maintained the holiday spirit while basking the sun at Siesta Beach this weekend.
The Sarasota County Council of Neighborhood Associations held its annual holiday party Monday, at the Sarasota Botanical Garden.