Sarasota County will have the largest budget in nearly five years if commissioners approve the 2014 fiscal year budget.
County staff will recommend a preliminary budget set at $1.02 billion during a workshop scheduled for Wednesday, June 12. The total expenditures in the projected budget will increase 14% from about $896 million in the 2013 fiscal year, according to a staff presentation.
The preliminary budget includes about 100 new full-time employees and a 3% pay increase for non-bargaining employees.
Further budget highlights include:
• A $155 million estimated capital budget, which more than doubles the $65 million capital budget from the previous fiscal year
• The only reduced budget for elected/appointed officials is a 9% drop in the budget for the Supervisor of Elections Office
• The State Attorney’s Office and Clerk of the Circuit Court submitted budgets with 19% increases over the previous fiscal year
• $14.2 million projected collections from tourist development taxes
IF YOU GO
What: Sarasota County Commission budget workshop
When 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 12
Where: Administration Building, Third Floor Think Tank, 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Currently 1 Response
- I have a friend who works for the parks and recreation division for the city of sarasota and he has shared with me he nor any of his co-workers have received a raise in 6 years while the city council members have voted themselves a raise every year for the last 6 years.
Is there any way you could make note of this over site and potential injustice in your paper to perhaps correct this social injustice?
Kelly J. Lunsford
27 Daughters For Life Gala Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
27 Friday Fish Fry Dinner
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
27 Free Soul Yoga class
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
28 Free A'quarel Paint Playday for the kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Do the hop
When the curious students at the Forty Carrots Family Center checked on their class garden, they noticed something moving in the mulch.
Taking love to new heights
The sky was the actual limit for the vow renewal of Ed and Dora Sementelli Saturday, at Autumn of Sarasota.
All grown pup
On Jan. 29, guide dog Sotheby walked across the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall stage to receive his diploma as a Southeastern Guide Dog graduate with his new handler, Ginny Eichholz.