Sarasota County will create a Budget Oversight Committee that will assist in budget-related issues.
The committee will be made up of prominent citizens who will review the county’s 2010 budget and make suggestions and criticisms.
Each county commissioner nominated at least one citizen to appoint to the board. The list includes:
• Robert L. Anderson, former county commissioner
• Kelly Caldwell, CEO and president of Caldwell Trust Co.
• Lisa Carlton, former Florida senator
• Harrison Fox, former staff member for U.S. House Budget Committee and U.S. Senate Finance Committee
• Robert Long, former Milwaukee Public Schools assistant superintendent
• Eric Resker, financial planner for AIMCO
• John Saputo, owner of Gold Coast Eagle Distributing
• Mary Anne Servian, former Sarasota mayor
• Richard Singer, retired economist
• Joseph Welch, builder
Commission Chairman Jon Thaxton came up with the idea to create the committee.
“We get criticism that we’re wasteful,” Thaxton said. “So, I thought those in the private industry might be able to see things in the budget that we didn’t. This is an all-star cast.”
Currently 0 Responses
26 Sarasota Heat Golf Tournament
26 Comcast Cares Day Sarasota
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
26 Air Fair 2014 Radio Controlled Model Aiplanes
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
26 Mother's Day Free Art Project for the kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Raising the Barr
TideWell Hospice honored veteran and longtime Sarasota resident Kenny Barr Thursday, April 10.
Sarasota resident and Holocaust survivor Jack Brodman will light the memorial candle at this year’s Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Day Remembrance, hosted by Temple Beth Israel.
Temple Beth Sholom’s youth group celebrated Passover with a Chocolate Seder Sunday, April 13.