For months businesses along the 1300 block of Main Street have been worried about construction closing the entire block for the whole month of June.
But the contractor, Jon F. Swift Inc., has good news for those business owners. Only half of the block will be closed at any one time. And even better news — the construction may only take half the time.
The project calls for a new waterline to be placed underneath the roadway, and the latest construction plans call for the section from Palm Avenue to Mira Mar Court to be closed for two weeks, beginning June 1. And as soon as that section is complete, the stretch from Mira Mar Court to Five Points will be closed for an estimated two weeks.
However, Jason Swift, president of Jon F. Swift Inc., said it’s possible the work may only take one week for each section.
“My guys are confident we can get it done in that time,” he said.
Mira Mar Court will remain open for the duration of the construction project.
Contact Robin Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
24 "Smart, Sassy, Strong & Classy!" Women's Gala & Speed Networking Event
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
24 Sunsets at Selby
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
25 Mindful Practice
25 Ed U Tainment
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Can you dig it?
Third- and fourth-grade students of Temple Beth Sholom had a chance to brush up on their paleontology skills last week while digging for faux dinosaur bones.
Sound of scholars
Local students Caleb Upton and Matthew Vaadi received some help for their upcoming studies to the tune of $1,000 each from the Sarasota Chorus of the Keys. The scholarships were made possible through the Sheridan E. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund. Both students plan to use the funds toward a career in music.
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.