Susan Chapman is well known for her civic duty. Her public service includes being president of the Hudson Bayou Neighborhood Association, former president of the CCNA and former chairwoman of the Police Advisory Panel. But there are several things that Sarasotans don’t know about her.
1. GREAT COOK: Chapman is famous for her gingerbread. “I end up making more every year, because people beg me for it,” she says.
2. BIG DOG-LOVER: She can often be found with her Maltese by her side.
3. BEING NEIGHBORLY: Asked her favorite part of Sarasota, Chapman replies, “I like my neighbors.”
4. OUTLAW PAST: Chapman attended high school in Liberty, Mo., which is where the James Gang is believed to have committed the first daylight bank robbery in peacetime. She even met Frank James’ daughter-in-law.
5. ROAD WARRIOR: “Nearly every night I ride my bike to the end of Baypoint Drive and watch the sunset,” she says.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.