Susan Chapman is well known for her civic duty. Her public service includes being president of the Hudson Bayou Neighborhood Association, former president of the CCNA and former chairwoman of the Police Advisory Panel. But there are several things that Sarasotans don’t know about her.
1. GREAT COOK: Chapman is famous for her gingerbread. “I end up making more every year, because people beg me for it,” she says.
2. BIG DOG-LOVER: She can often be found with her Maltese by her side.
3. BEING NEIGHBORLY: Asked her favorite part of Sarasota, Chapman replies, “I like my neighbors.”
4. OUTLAW PAST: Chapman attended high school in Liberty, Mo., which is where the James Gang is believed to have committed the first daylight bank robbery in peacetime. She even met Frank James’ daughter-in-law.
5. ROAD WARRIOR: “Nearly every night I ride my bike to the end of Baypoint Drive and watch the sunset,” she says.
Currently 0 Responses
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6 Feast of the Epiphany offers beautiful close to Christmas season
Couple celebrates 54th anniversary
Carol and Jules Green met at a summer camp where Carol was a junior counselor and Jules was a waiter.
Officers welcome holiday backup
The Sarasota Police Department is on the lookout for an elf who goes by the name of Officer Elf on the Shelf.
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.