Currently 3 Responses
- You can now lump Walt in with Sarah Palin in regards to political savvy. He is a one-issue man who doesn't even understand the issue.
- Truth in facts:
1. Sarasota County Schools sore in the top 10 of the state : gains in reading and math.
2. Scores in the top 3 in essay scores..Elementary inproved 30 points since 2001.
3. Sarasota is an "A" district. With 95% A elementary schoold..86% A middle Schools and 84% total A or B schools
4. SAT scores are higher than the state average..23 points higher in math and 19 points higher in reading.
5. 85.1% graduation rate for 2008-09
6. All time low dropout rate 1.8%
- The problem with Mr. Augustinowicz misguided opinion is that with very little effort you would know that the referendum dollars are NOT EVER spent on the construction of new schools - whatever their perceived beauty. The money for construction comes a capital outlay budget that is - by law - separate from any budget for teacher salaries. Mr. Augustinowicz is VERY aware of that - yet continues to try to push ridiculous rhetoric. It's a shame that his political aspirations are more important to him than the future of our children.
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6 Feast of the Epiphany offers beautiful close to Christmas season
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.