Currently 3 Responses
- You can now lump Walt in with Sarah Palin in regards to political savvy. He is a one-issue man who doesn't even understand the issue.
- Truth in facts:
1. Sarasota County Schools sore in the top 10 of the state : gains in reading and math.
2. Scores in the top 3 in essay scores..Elementary inproved 30 points since 2001.
3. Sarasota is an "A" district. With 95% A elementary schoold..86% A middle Schools and 84% total A or B schools
4. SAT scores are higher than the state average..23 points higher in math and 19 points higher in reading.
5. 85.1% graduation rate for 2008-09
6. All time low dropout rate 1.8%
- The problem with Mr. Augustinowicz misguided opinion is that with very little effort you would know that the referendum dollars are NOT EVER spent on the construction of new schools - whatever their perceived beauty. The money for construction comes a capital outlay budget that is - by law - separate from any budget for teacher salaries. Mr. Augustinowicz is VERY aware of that - yet continues to try to push ridiculous rhetoric. It's a shame that his political aspirations are more important to him than the future of our children.
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.