Currently 3 Responses
- You can now lump Walt in with Sarah Palin in regards to political savvy. He is a one-issue man who doesn't even understand the issue.
- Truth in facts:
1. Sarasota County Schools sore in the top 10 of the state : gains in reading and math.
2. Scores in the top 3 in essay scores..Elementary inproved 30 points since 2001.
3. Sarasota is an "A" district. With 95% A elementary schoold..86% A middle Schools and 84% total A or B schools
4. SAT scores are higher than the state average..23 points higher in math and 19 points higher in reading.
5. 85.1% graduation rate for 2008-09
6. All time low dropout rate 1.8%
- The problem with Mr. Augustinowicz misguided opinion is that with very little effort you would know that the referendum dollars are NOT EVER spent on the construction of new schools - whatever their perceived beauty. The money for construction comes a capital outlay budget that is - by law - separate from any budget for teacher salaries. Mr. Augustinowicz is VERY aware of that - yet continues to try to push ridiculous rhetoric. It's a shame that his political aspirations are more important to him than the future of our children.
21 2014 Series of Wine & Food Tasting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
22 Einstein's Circle: "Sex in the City: Sex Trafficking, Exploitation, Survival"
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
22 Introduction to Using the Internet
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
22 I AM - Women and Investing
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.
A budding partnership
Local Kiwanis clubs joined forces to help break ground on a butterfly garden and new information center for Community Haven for Adults and Children with Disabilities.
Walk this way
With less than a month until Election Day, Rhana Bazzini, left, has decided she’s had enough with current campaign financing.