Sarasota County commissioners approved staff requests to draft an amendment to add roughly 43 new full-time positions during the first budget workshop Feb. 8.
The new staff and equipment will add $2 million to the 2013 fiscal year budget and $1 million annually.
Eighteen of the 43 new full-time employees will be fall into the Community Services Group responsible for sports development and athletics, according to a draft organizational chart presented during the workshop.
Commissioners agreed athletic field and roadside maintenance are important quality-of-life objectives that bolster economic development.
The Feb. 8 workshop was the start of the eight-month process the county undertakes to lay out its 2014 fiscal year budget. Following are some remaining milestones in the road to a new budget:
• March 20 — Sarasota County Commission facilities planning workshop
• June 17 and June 21 — Sarasota County Commission budget workshops
• July 10 — Set ‘not to exceed’ millage rates
• Aug. 20 — Final Sarasota County Commission budget workshop
• Sept. 9 and Sept. 23 — Sarasota County Commission public hearings to adopt 2014 fiscal year budget
Currently 0 Responses
19 Shamrock Beer Circus
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
19 A Special Evening with Karen O'Donnell, Parrot Trainer
20 Second Easter Brunch on the Bay
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
21 Decision-Making Made Easy
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Temple Beth Sholom’s youth group celebrated Passover with a Chocolate Seder Sunday, April 13.
Members of the Sarasota Seminole Club worked with Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota as part of Florida State University’s Seminole Service Day.
Piero Rivolta and his wife, Rachele, opened their home to the Pines of Sarasota March 26.