The Sarasota Police Department’s Street Crimes Unit and Narcotics Unit conducted an operation targeting prostitution in the city.
Investigations conducted on Jan. 23 resulted in the arrest of five individuals on a total of seven criminal charges, with four arrests on the North Trail. The following arrests were made:
• Catherine LaChance, 25, Prostitution 3rd or Subsequent Offense (Felony) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Investigation 10th Street & Cocoanut Avenue
• Phyllis Goodleaf, 45, Prostitution. Investigation N. Tamiami Trail & Myrtle.
• Melissa Cowie, 28, Prostitution 3rd or Subsequent Offense (Felony) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Investigation location N Washington Blvd & 10th Street.
• Jessica Palmer, 32, Violation of Probation – Prostitution 3rd or Subsequent Offense (Felony). Arrest location 2900 E. Tamiami Circle.
• Devereux Collins, 49, Prostitution. Investigation location 1100 block of N. Tamiami Trail.
Currently 1 Response
- Damn! More evidence of a decline in local entroprenurial endeavors along north US41. What are us west - of - the - trail neighbors to do now?
25 Special Sacred WESAK Full Moon Lunar Eclipse Event
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
26 Celtic Curse: An Yvonne Suarez Travel Mystery
26 Memorial Day Concert/Service
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
26 USFSM Open House
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Jolly good fellow
Just as Observer advertising representative Bob Lewis loves to garden, he also cultivates relationships with all of his co-workers and clients.
Going for the gold
Sisters Francesca and Elizabeth Martel returned victorious Monday, May 20, after a weekend at the Special Olympics of Florida State Summer Games, in Orlando.
Trevor Kunk is the chef de cuisine at Blue Hill in New York City’s Greenwich Village, which the James Beard Foundation just named "most outstanding restaurant."