The Sarasota Police Department’s Street Crimes Unit and Narcotics Unit conducted an operation targeting prostitution in the city.
Investigations conducted on Jan. 23 resulted in the arrest of five individuals on a total of seven criminal charges, with four arrests on the North Trail. The following arrests were made:
• Catherine LaChance, 25, Prostitution 3rd or Subsequent Offense (Felony) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Investigation 10th Street & Cocoanut Avenue
• Phyllis Goodleaf, 45, Prostitution. Investigation N. Tamiami Trail & Myrtle.
• Melissa Cowie, 28, Prostitution 3rd or Subsequent Offense (Felony) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Investigation location N Washington Blvd & 10th Street.
• Jessica Palmer, 32, Violation of Probation – Prostitution 3rd or Subsequent Offense (Felony). Arrest location 2900 E. Tamiami Circle.
• Devereux Collins, 49, Prostitution. Investigation location 1100 block of N. Tamiami Trail.
Currently 1 Response
- Damn! More evidence of a decline in local entroprenurial endeavors along north US41. What are us west - of - the - trail neighbors to do now?
4 Meet the Sky
5 Volunteer Connect Meeting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
9 Back to School Bash 2014
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9 Cat Depot Leash Walking Class
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.