Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
27 Thanksgiving Free Public Talk & Veggie Potluck
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
29 Light Up Siesta Village and Holiday Parade
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
30 Advent Procession
3 Rachel's Challenge Anti-Bullying Event hosted by The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The gift of music
Riverview High School received a donation of $5,000 during a break in the Kiltie Band Fall concert on Nov. 20.
Coming together for the community
All Faiths Food Bank called on volunteers to help distribute 7,000 Thanksgiving dinners Saturday.
Observer on the hunt for displays
We’re making our list of the best holiday lights displays in Sarasota and checking it twice.