Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
20 Bring Them Home for the Holidays Adoption Event
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
20 La Fille mal Gardee Pre-Performance Children’s Buffet
24 What are you doing on Christmas Eve?
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.