Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
1 Social Media for Social Change Training
1 Season of Nonviolence Kickoff Event
2 Town Hall Lecture Series: Jon M. Huntsman, Jr.
10:30 am - 7:30 pm
2 Alzheimer'a Association "Reason to Hope" luncheon
The ribbon-cutting ceremony Saturday for the Gulf Gate Public Library was a cause for celebration.
The doctor is in
Students in the early childhood program The Gan at Temple Sinai donned stethoscopes for an exercise in veterinary medicine.
Did you notice a familiar name in the February issue of Southern Living magazine?