Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
31 Anna Maria Oyster Bar Halloween Blood Drive
11:30 am - 6:30 pm
31 Siesta Key Village Safe Treats
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
31 Drag Queen Halloween Bingo
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
31 Drag Queen Halloween BINGO
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ladies enjoy a night out
Women of all ages ditched their heels and slipped on their running shoes for the New Balance Girls Night Out.
Residents help tame lionfish
A total of 251 lionfish were scooped out of the ocean for the inaugural Sarasota Lionfish Derby last weekend.
Let them eat cake!
The staff and residents at The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch celebrated the first resident to become a member of the centennial club.