Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
4 Speak Up, Speak Out!!
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
5 HOLIDAY BAZAAR
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
5 Siesta Key Association Board Meeting
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
5 Wine, Dine, and Pine
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
6 Holiday Shopping with Artist Elizabeth Van Riper at the Sarasota Ritz Carlton
9:00 am - 6:00 am
6 Holiday Boutique
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
6 37th Annual 1st Friday Art Walk "Taste of the Season"
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
6 Republican Women's Club Luncheon
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.
In honor of our servicemen and women, Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club held its 10th annual Armed Forces Cup Friday, Nov. 8.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County will receive $13,000 from the Comcast Foundation for its participation in Comcast Digital Connectors 2013-2014.