Restaurant name: Café Baci
Owners: Roberto and Denise Mei
Executive chef: Ed Colna
Date established: 1991
Address: 4001 South Tamiami Trail
Hours: Lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; and dinner from 4:30 to 9 p.m., daily
Known for: Authentic northern Italian food
Serves 6 people
½ cup pancetta, diced into ¼ -inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups cremeni mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ quart heavy cream
¼ pound unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 pound fussili pasta
pepper to taste
1. Saute pancetta in olive oil until brown and crispy.
2. Add mushrooms and toss for 30 seconds.
3. Add butter and continue to cook for one minute.
4. Add cream and bring to simmer.
5. Add peas and ¾ cup cheese, stirring often and still simmering.
6. Continue to cook until you reach desired consistency, add pepper.
7. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of rapid boiling and salted water.
8. Drain pasta well and return to cooking pot.
9. Add sauce to pasta and stir over low heat until well coated.
10. Transfer to large bowl and sprinkle remaining cheese over pasta.
Currently 0 Responses
30 French networking event
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
30 French business networking event
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
31 Anna Maria Oyster Bar Halloween Blood Drive
11:30 am - 6:30 pm
31 Siesta Key Village Safe Treats
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Ladies enjoy a night out
Women of all ages ditched their heels and slipped on their running shoes for the New Balance Girls Night Out.
Residents help tame lionfish
A total of 251 lionfish were scooped out of the ocean for the inaugural Sarasota Lionfish Derby last weekend.
Let them eat cake!
The staff and residents at The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch celebrated the first resident to become a member of the centennial club.