Sarasota Memorial Hospital (SMH) has proved Sarasota healthcare consumers can have their cake and it eat, too.
Financial comparison website NerdWallet on an Oct. 14 list ranked SMH as the fifth most affordable hospital in Florida. And SMH beat out the four other hospitals above it on the list with 81% in patient satisfaction.
The website found the most affordable treatments were for Asthma, high blood pressure and Alzheimer's.
The NerdWallet list of the most affordable hospitals in Florida:
1. Indian River Medical Center, Vero Beach
2. Bay Medical Center, Panama City
3. Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola
4. Halifax Health Medical Center, Daytona Beach
5. Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota
6. Cape Coral Hospital, Cape Coral
7. Naples Community Hospital, Naples
8. Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater
9. Lee Memorial Hospital, Fort Myers
10. Leesburg Regional Medical Center, Leesburg
Currently 0 Responses
13 Fifth Annual CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
13 CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
14 Free Spirograph Art Event For The Kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 Green Tara Empowerment
14 Cat Depot: Leashwalking
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
14 "Rainforest Friends: The Rainforest from A to Z"
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
17 Financing Our Foodshed with Carol Peppe Hewitt
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
18 8th Annual Sustainable Communities Workshop
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Sarasota Chapter #115 of Ikebana International held its annual holiday luncheon demonstration Dec. 2.
Frosty the sandman
Beachgoers maintained the holiday spirit while basking the sun at Siesta Beach this weekend.
The Sarasota County Council of Neighborhood Associations held its annual holiday party Monday, at the Sarasota Botanical Garden.