Personal trainer and Sarasota resident Colleen Yuskaitis enjoys preparing foods to provide fuel for an active lifestyle. This week, Yuskaitis shares a quick and easy recipe for a vegan-friendly, high-protein snack that you can take on the go.
Date and nut clusters
• Equal parts dates and walnuts
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• shredded coconut
• agave nectar to taste (optional)
• cocoa powder to taste (optional)
1. Pit dates and blend lightly in food processor
2. Add salt, walnuts and any optional ingredients to taste.
3. Form blended mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut
Currently 1 Response
- For more information on personal training, coaching, and just good ole healthy living, visit Thrive on Challenge at www.thriveonchallenge.com and on facebook.com /thriveonchallenge
20 Bring Them Home for the Holidays Adoption Event
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
20 La Fille mal Gardee Pre-Performance Children’s Buffet
24 What are you doing on Christmas Eve?
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.