Personal trainer and Sarasota resident Colleen Yuskaitis enjoys preparing foods to provide fuel for an active lifestyle. This week, Yuskaitis shares a quick and easy recipe for a vegan-friendly, high-protein snack that you can take on the go.
Date and nut clusters
• Equal parts dates and walnuts
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• shredded coconut
• agave nectar to taste (optional)
• cocoa powder to taste (optional)
1. Pit dates and blend lightly in food processor
2. Add salt, walnuts and any optional ingredients to taste.
3. Form blended mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut
Currently 1 Response
- For more information on personal training, coaching, and just good ole healthy living, visit Thrive on Challenge at www.thriveonchallenge.com and on facebook.com /thriveonchallenge
18 9th annual Leadership Breakfast honoring Nancy Detert and Teri Hansen
18 SMART PARENTS / SMART KIDS FREE SEMINAR
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
19 American Business Women's Assocation-Sunset Chapter Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Tuscany by Night!
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.
A climb for heroes
Joining with firemen from Central Florida, the Suncoast FOOLS firefighters gathered Saturday, at Plymouth Harbor, to pay homage to the fallen heroes of Sept. 11.
Student's art gains national exposure
ART.WRITE.NOW.DC, a year-long exhibit featuring works of art and writing and hosted in the lobby of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building in Washington, D.C., opens Sept. 19.