+ Visit Sarasota County names new board
Visit Sarasota County announced the board of directors for the 2013 year. Visit Sarasota County supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing marketing programs and promotions.
The Board of Directors Executive Committee is comprised of the following individuals: chair, Paige Hartmann, innkeeper at The Inn on Siesta Key; vice chair, Maria Bankemper, general manager of Best Western Plus — Gateway to Siesta Key Hotel; and treasurer, Michael Klauber, proprietor of Michael’s On East.
Meetings & Agendas
• Regular City Commission Meeting – 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• St. Armands Neighborhood Association Meeting – 4:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, St. Armands Fire Station, 47 N. Adams Lane.
• Central Park Neighborhood Association Meeting – 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, Central Park II Clubhouse, 850 S. Tamiami Trail.
• Development Review Committee – 9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, 1565 First Street, Room 112, City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• Sarasota Planning Board – 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Cancer Education Series at Doctors Hospital
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
19 Anni Piper, Australia's First Lady Of Blues, On Tour
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
20 Ageless Grace with Mary Masi
10:00 am - 11:00 am
20 Fun Fitness for Parkinsons
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Temple Emanu–El Religious School donated its tzedakah — which means charity of righteousness in Hebrew — for the 2012-13 school year.
Sarasota Christian School sent four teams — the most in Florida — to the Odyssey of the Mind's World Finals May 23 to May 25, at Michigan State University.
The Board of Directors of Leadership Florida, the president of the Florida Chamber of Commerce and four Florida Leadership graduates nominated Sarasota's Pam Truitt, of Truitt Consulting, for a position on the board of directors.