+ Visit Sarasota County names new board
Visit Sarasota County announced the board of directors for the 2013 year. Visit Sarasota County supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing marketing programs and promotions.
The Board of Directors Executive Committee is comprised of the following individuals: chair, Paige Hartmann, innkeeper at The Inn on Siesta Key; vice chair, Maria Bankemper, general manager of Best Western Plus — Gateway to Siesta Key Hotel; and treasurer, Michael Klauber, proprietor of Michael’s On East.
Meetings & Agendas
• Regular City Commission Meeting – 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• St. Armands Neighborhood Association Meeting – 4:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, St. Armands Fire Station, 47 N. Adams Lane.
• Central Park Neighborhood Association Meeting – 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, Central Park II Clubhouse, 850 S. Tamiami Trail.
• Development Review Committee – 9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, 1565 First Street, Room 112, City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• Sarasota Planning Board – 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.
Going for Gold
Custodians of Sarasota County Schools enjoyed a day of fun and learning at the annual custodians professional development day July 3, at Riverview High School.
Show of support
Siesta Key Hardware owners Patricia and James Hillier are bringing the island community closer together.