+ Visit Sarasota County names new board
Visit Sarasota County announced the board of directors for the 2013 year. Visit Sarasota County supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing marketing programs and promotions.
The Board of Directors Executive Committee is comprised of the following individuals: chair, Paige Hartmann, innkeeper at The Inn on Siesta Key; vice chair, Maria Bankemper, general manager of Best Western Plus — Gateway to Siesta Key Hotel; and treasurer, Michael Klauber, proprietor of Michael’s On East.
Meetings & Agendas
• Regular City Commission Meeting – 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• St. Armands Neighborhood Association Meeting – 4:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, St. Armands Fire Station, 47 N. Adams Lane.
• Central Park Neighborhood Association Meeting – 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, Central Park II Clubhouse, 850 S. Tamiami Trail.
• Development Review Committee – 9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, 1565 First Street, Room 112, City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• Sarasota Planning Board – 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Currently 0 Responses
4 Mindful Practice
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
5 Sarasota Singles Society: "An Evening at the Sarasota Opera House"
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
8 GriefShare Seminars & Support Groups
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
8 Dave Ramsey's FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Sarasota resident Sol Carson celebrated his 100th birthday Aug. 15, at the Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Sarasota Inc. The birthday party included cake, singing and family. Carson, a South Philadelphia native, lives in Sarasota with his son, Charles.
The St. Boniface Youth Group held an ice cream social for families Sunday, Aug. 17, in Siesta Key Village.
Calling all four-legged models! The Humane Society of Sarasota County will be accepting entries for its 3rd annual “The Real HousePets of Sarasota County” Pet Calendar and Photo Contest.