+ Visit Sarasota County names new board
Visit Sarasota County announced the board of directors for the 2013 year. Visit Sarasota County supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing marketing programs and promotions.
The Board of Directors Executive Committee is comprised of the following individuals: chair, Paige Hartmann, innkeeper at The Inn on Siesta Key; vice chair, Maria Bankemper, general manager of Best Western Plus — Gateway to Siesta Key Hotel; and treasurer, Michael Klauber, proprietor of Michael’s On East.
Meetings & Agendas
• Regular City Commission Meeting – 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• St. Armands Neighborhood Association Meeting – 4:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, St. Armands Fire Station, 47 N. Adams Lane.
• Central Park Neighborhood Association Meeting – 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, Central Park II Clubhouse, 850 S. Tamiami Trail.
• Development Review Committee – 9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, 1565 First Street, Room 112, City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• Sarasota Planning Board – 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, City Commission Chambers, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Currently 0 Responses
18 9th annual Leadership Breakfast honoring Nancy Detert and Teri Hansen
18 SMART PARENTS / SMART KIDS FREE SEMINAR
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
19 American Business Women's Assocation-Sunset Chapter Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Tuscany by Night!
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.
A climb for heroes
Joining with firemen from Central Florida, the Suncoast FOOLS firefighters gathered Saturday, at Plymouth Harbor, to pay homage to the fallen heroes of Sept. 11.
Student's art gains national exposure
ART.WRITE.NOW.DC, a year-long exhibit featuring works of art and writing and hosted in the lobby of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building in Washington, D.C., opens Sept. 19.