SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with owner Dorota Presland and chef Chase Johnson of Cafe Continental.
Cafe Continental is located at 2117 Siesta Drive and is open for breakfast and lunch. The restaurant features a traditional English breakfast, along with other dishes such as huevos rancheros. Presland and her husband came to Sarasota from England and have owned the business for the past six years.
For more In the Kitchen videos, click here.
Scroll down for a instructional video on how to prepare the dish:
• 2 8-inch crepes
• 3 ounces julienned ham
• 4 ounces spinach mixture
• 3 ounces Hollandaise sauce
• 2 ounces diced tomatoes
• 1/2 ounce feta cheese
• Parsley to garnish
1. Fill and roll two crepes with ham and the spinach mixture.
2. Crisp the crepes in a lightly oiled pan while you poach the eggs.
3. Transfer crepes to a warmed plate, place eggs on top and pour Hollandaise sauce over the eggs.
4. Put feta at the bottom of the ramekin dish, followed by tomatoes, and press to hold the shape.
5. Invert ramekin onto the plate, and garnish with parsley.
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 1/2 minced onions
• 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon house seasoning
• Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil.
2. Saute onion and garlic until soft — do not brown.
3. Add spinach and wilt it.
4. Add and saute tomatoes.
5. Season to taste.
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 1/12 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• Splash of hot sauce
• 1/2 juiced lemon
• 1 stick of unsalted butter
1. Whisk egg yolk, mustard, hot sauce and lemon juice until slightly foamy.
2. Heat butter until it bubbles.
3. Add butter, drop by drop, and whisk to emulsify.
4. Serve immediately.
Currently 0 Responses
24 Sarasota Christian School Open House
9:00 am - 10:30 am
26 Sarasota Heat Golf Tournament
26 Comcast Cares Day Sarasota
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
26 Air Fair 2014 Radio Controlled Model Aiplanes
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Temple Beth Sholom’s youth group celebrated Passover with a Chocolate Seder Sunday, April 13.
Members of the Sarasota Seminole Club worked with Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota as part of Florida State University’s Seminole Service Day.
Piero Rivolta and his wife, Rachele, opened their home to the Pines of Sarasota March 26.