The Sarasota County Health Department’s Health In Motion Mobile Medical Unit staff will provide free and low-cost health services at 16 sites around the county during September.
The services offered at these regularly established sites include diabetes education and screening, blood pressure tests, pregnancy testing, HIV and tuberculosis testing, adult immunizations and health education. The staff also assists individuals who lack medical insurance and do not have a health care provider to find a medical home for ongoing health care.
No appointment is needed. Some services are free, including HIV rapid testing, with results in 20 minutes. Other services are provided on a sliding-fee scale based on income. A registered nurse is available at all sites.
The following is a schedule of dates and locations for the mobile unit in Sarasota:
• Monday, Sept. 19, 9:30 a.m.-noon: Selby Goodwill Jobs Center, 1781 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Way
• Monday, Sept. 19, 1-3 p.m.: Newtown Estates Park, 2800 Newtown Blvd.
• Thursdays, Sept. 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.: Salvation Army, 1400 10th St.
• Monday, Sept. 12, 9:30 a.m.-noon: Sarasota Housing Authority, 1912 N. Orange Ave.
• Mondays, Sept. 12 and 26, 1-3 p.m.: Arizona Multi-Services Center, 3900 N. Washington Blvd.
• Monday, Sept. 26, 9:30 a.m.-noon: McCown Tower, 1300 Blvd. of the Arts
For more information and for other locations the services will be available around the county, contact the Sarasota County Call Center at 861-5000, or visit www.sarasotahealth.org to view the calendar or to submit a special event request. Anyone without computer access can visit a health kiosk at any of the eight Sarasota County libraries or at any Senior Friendship Center.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
28 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
28 Is the American Constitution the One We Deserve or Has it Gone off the Rails? An Einsteinâ��s Circle Forum
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
28 Meet The Sky
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
29 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Did you notice a familiar name in the February issue of Southern Living magazine?
Packing on team spirit
No one can accuse of Diane Chechik of not representing her team, the Green Bay Packers.
Sarasota on the social map
… Well, we already knew that, right? Now apparently all of New York knows how wonderful our slice of paradise is, too.