Currently 5 Responses
- I guess it's fitting that a store which posted a "vote for Obama" sign is now the victim of Obama's and the Democratic Party's destruction of the housing market and thus the overall economy. Maybe the owners should contact their fearless, forked tongue leader and ask for a bailout.
Sometimes you get what you deserve. Ain't justice sweet!
- My wife and I start our day with coffee and a newspaper at Sarasota News and Books whenever we are in town from Grosse Pointe, MI. Sarasota News and Books is one of the special places that gives Sarasota its character. It will be difficult to replace.
- It breaks my heart to hear that Andrew and Meghan have to close Sarasota News & Books. I don't think Wayne Barcomb overstated it when he called them a landmark. It definitely is and having them leave will drastically change the dynamics of that downtown location. I only hope that Andrew and Meghan find a new place to set up shop AND that this wake up call inspires support for them and other downtown businesses. Wherever they go, we'll follow.
Hey Andrew, we still need a bookstore/coffee shop in Lakewood Ranch.
- The end of a landmark ... downtown will never be the same ... what a shame. Just keep the parking meters coming and maybe we can rent the downtown out to the movie companies as a ghost town !!! Hugh Fiore, St. Armands
- The closing of Sarasota News and Books will be the end of a Sarasota landmark. Landmark may be an overstatement, but in the relatively short number of years the store has been here, it has truly become a familiar and friendly part of our downtown landscape. The store, with it's outdoor tables and inviting atmosphere has created a certain cache' for that part of Main Street. The store will be sorely missed unless it can somehow be rescued. Wayne Barcomb
29 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
29 SILL Global Issues Seminar
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
29 3rd annual Fashionistas for a Cause Bartending Fundraiser
30 AJC's 2015 Winter Lunch & Learn
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Did you notice a familiar name in the February issue of Southern Living magazine?
Packing on team spirit
No one can accuse of Diane Chechik of not representing her team, the Green Bay Packers.
Sarasota on the social map
… Well, we already knew that, right? Now apparently all of New York knows how wonderful our slice of paradise is, too.