Currently 5 Responses
- I guess it's fitting that a store which posted a "vote for Obama" sign is now the victim of Obama's and the Democratic Party's destruction of the housing market and thus the overall economy. Maybe the owners should contact their fearless, forked tongue leader and ask for a bailout.
Sometimes you get what you deserve. Ain't justice sweet!
- My wife and I start our day with coffee and a newspaper at Sarasota News and Books whenever we are in town from Grosse Pointe, MI. Sarasota News and Books is one of the special places that gives Sarasota its character. It will be difficult to replace.
- It breaks my heart to hear that Andrew and Meghan have to close Sarasota News & Books. I don't think Wayne Barcomb overstated it when he called them a landmark. It definitely is and having them leave will drastically change the dynamics of that downtown location. I only hope that Andrew and Meghan find a new place to set up shop AND that this wake up call inspires support for them and other downtown businesses. Wherever they go, we'll follow.
Hey Andrew, we still need a bookstore/coffee shop in Lakewood Ranch.
- The end of a landmark ... downtown will never be the same ... what a shame. Just keep the parking meters coming and maybe we can rent the downtown out to the movie companies as a ghost town !!! Hugh Fiore, St. Armands
- The closing of Sarasota News and Books will be the end of a Sarasota landmark. Landmark may be an overstatement, but in the relatively short number of years the store has been here, it has truly become a familiar and friendly part of our downtown landscape. The store, with it's outdoor tables and inviting atmosphere has created a certain cache' for that part of Main Street. The store will be sorely missed unless it can somehow be rescued. Wayne Barcomb
9 CONA Holiday Party
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
10 Books & Coffee
10 Hollywood Glam Party
7:45 pm - 6:00 am
12 La Leche League/Breastfeeding Support
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
13 Fifth Annual CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
13 CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
14 Free Spirograph Art Event For The Kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 Green Tara Empowerment
During each of the last eight years, the Out-of-Door Academy families have collected food for Gocio Elementary families.
Forty Carrots hosts grandparents
Forty Carrots Family Center invited students’ grandparents to attend Grandparents’ Day Nov. 25.
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.