County Commission candidate Alan Maio is in the financial lead for the most contributions.
At $111,630, he has raised the most money of any commission candidate in this year's race.
Sarasota County supervisor of elections, Kathy Dent, released the latest financial reports for candidates running for office this fall Aug. 1. The report covers contributions and expenditures from July 19 to July 25.
Party candidates have 22 days left until the primary election, which is Tuesday, Aug. 26.
All contributions listed are monetary contributions only. Loans and in-kind contributions are not included.
Sarasota County Commission, District 2
Paul Caragiulo received a total of $1,375 in contributions in the last report. His biggest contributors included the Ben E. Price Revocable Trust, John Cannon of Cannon Homes LLC and HBS Drywall LLC at $200 each. His total contributions to his campaign thus far add up to $50,910.
Shannon Snyder received $2,825 in contributions in the last report. He received these funds from individual supporters, 13 of whom gave $200.
His running total is $10,025.
Sarasota County Commission, District 4
Alan Maio received $2,125 in the last report. His largest contributors included the Ben E. Price Revocable Trust, John Cannon of Cannon Homes LLC, HBS Drywall LLC, Mullet Brothers Inc., the Gulf Coast Builder’s Exchange PC and Purmort & Martin Insurance Agency LLC at $200 each. His total so far is $111,630.
Lourdes Ramirez did not report any contributions, only expeditures of $1,539 on campaigning postcards and mailers. Her running total is $36,411.
Sarasota County School Board
• Velton Hodges did not report any contributions in the last report.
• Ken Marsh received $1,136 for a total of $15,408.
• Paul Schafer did not report any contributions.
• Incumbent Bridget Ziegler received $310, adding to her total of $21,325.
• Shirley Brown received $750, adding to her total of $10,885.
• Richard Page did not report any contributions. His total is $655.
• Helen Wolff received $275, adding to her total of $3,125.
• Incumbent board Chairwoman Jane Goodwin received $5,655 in the last report. She has a total of $19,055.
• Randy McLendon did not report any contributions. His total is $6,187.38.
Currently 0 Responses
24 What are you doing on Christmas Eve?
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.