+ Palmer Ranch service continues
County commissioners approved this week an agreement with Palmer Ranch to contribute to its median and roadside maintenance.
The move is the third contract extension between the county and the Palmer Ranch Master Property Owners Association that will bring a higher level of service to public roadways in Palmer Ranch.
Normally, when a road is built in Sarasota County, the developer is responsible for maintaining the medians and roadside for two years, at which time the county takes over.
However, Palmer Ranch sought more frequent service than the county usually performs, so it requested and received a lump-sum payment from the county that equals the amount it would have spent on maintenance in the community.
Commissioners approved an extension that will provide Palmer Ranch more than $189,000 each year for the next three years.
+ Take part in fire-station tour
The Palmer Ranch Communities Coalition is conducting monthly tours of the new fire station at 9102 Bloomfield Blvd.
The 8,600-square-foot Fire Station No. 15 opened in March to better serve Palmer Ranch.
It offers 24/7 service with firefighter/paramedics and firefighter/EMT teams.
The next tour will be held Aug. 25. The tours have been popular, so reservations are required. Contact Margaret Brading by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Meetings & Agendas
• Special City Commission Meeting — 2:30 p.m. Thursday, July 29, City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota
• Tourism and Economic Development Board — 3:30 p.m. Thursday, July 29, Sarasota County Administration Center, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Sarasota County School Board Candidates Forum — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 29, at the Selby Public Library, 1331 First St., Sarasota
• Alta Vista Neighborhood Association — 7 p.m. Thursday, July 29, Harmony Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2600 Courtland St., Sarasota
• Tourist Development Council — 4 p.m. Friday, July 30, Sarasota County Administration Center, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• National Night Out Against Crime — 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, Payne Park, 2050 Adams Lane, Sarasota
Currently 0 Responses
26 Rabbi Werbow Installation
27 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
28 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
28 Is the American Constitution the One We Deserve or Has it Gone off the Rails? An Einsteinâ��s Circle Forum
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Did you notice a familiar name in the February issue of Southern Living magazine?
Packing on team spirit
No one can accuse of Diane Chechik of not representing her team, the Green Bay Packers.
Sarasota on the social map
… Well, we already knew that, right? Now apparently all of New York knows how wonderful our slice of paradise is, too.