This week we went in the kitchen with owner Steve Harner and Chef Mike Leopold of the Crow's Nest in Venice.
The Crow's Nest Marina Restaurant & Tavern was founded by Harner and his family in 1976. The menu includes a raw bar as well as seafood such as Grouper 'Key Largo' and other specialties like Gunther Gebel-Williams Filet Mignon.
Learn how to make the Crow's Nest Bouillabaisse in the video below and get the full recipe here:
Click here for more in the kitchen videos.
The Crow’s Nest Bouillabaise
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup onion, small dice
• ½ bunch celery, small dice
• 1/4 cp parsley, chopped
• 2 tbsp basil, chopped
• 1 tsp crushed red chili flake
• 2 oz tomato paste
• small pinch saffron
• 2 tsp garlic, minced
• 48 fl. Oz clam juice or fish stock
• 12 ea littleneck clams
• 28 ea mussels
• 12 ea large gulf shrimp
• 12 ea large sea scallops
• 8 oz lobster or lump crab meat
1. in a large heavy sauce pot heat the oil over medium-high heat and add celery and onion, cook till tender
2. add garlic, saffron, tomato paste, and herbs and cook for 2 minutes
3. add clam juice and bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes
4. add clams simmer for 5 minutes
5. add mussels simmer for 5 minutes
6. add shrimp and scallops, simmer for 5 minutes
7. add lobster/crab meat, simmer for two minutes
8. serve decoratively arranged over linguini and garnish with chopped parsley and toasted bauguette
For service cook any desired fish or shellfish in simmering broth just until cooked and serve over cooked linguini. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Sarasota Pizza Wars
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
3 The Arab-Israeli Conflict: The 100-Years War in a Twice-Promised Land
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
3 "Peace, Politics, and Projectiles: An Insider's Look at the War in Gaza and Its Aftermathâ�� With Jerusalem Post Correspondent Gil Hoffman
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
5 Venice Fall Wellness Fair
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Ladies enjoy a night out
Women of all ages ditched their heels and slipped on their running shoes for the New Balance Girls Night Out.
Residents help tame lionfish
A total of 251 lionfish were scooped out of the ocean for the inaugural Sarasota Lionfish Derby last weekend.
Let them eat cake!
The staff and residents at The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch celebrated the first resident to become a member of the centennial club.