This week we went in the kitchen with owner Steve Harner and Chef Mike Leopold of the Crow's Nest in Venice.
The Crow's Nest Marina Restaurant & Tavern was founded by Harner and his family in 1976. The menu includes a raw bar as well as seafood such as Grouper 'Key Largo' and other specialties like Gunther Gebel-Williams Filet Mignon.
Learn how to make the Crow's Nest Bouillabaisse in the video below and get the full recipe here:
Click here for more in the kitchen videos.
The Crow’s Nest Bouillabaise
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup onion, small dice
• ½ bunch celery, small dice
• 1/4 cp parsley, chopped
• 2 tbsp basil, chopped
• 1 tsp crushed red chili flake
• 2 oz tomato paste
• small pinch saffron
• 2 tsp garlic, minced
• 48 fl. Oz clam juice or fish stock
• 12 ea littleneck clams
• 28 ea mussels
• 12 ea large gulf shrimp
• 12 ea large sea scallops
• 8 oz lobster or lump crab meat
1. in a large heavy sauce pot heat the oil over medium-high heat and add celery and onion, cook till tender
2. add garlic, saffron, tomato paste, and herbs and cook for 2 minutes
3. add clam juice and bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes
4. add clams simmer for 5 minutes
5. add mussels simmer for 5 minutes
6. add shrimp and scallops, simmer for 5 minutes
7. add lobster/crab meat, simmer for two minutes
8. serve decoratively arranged over linguini and garnish with chopped parsley and toasted bauguette
For service cook any desired fish or shellfish in simmering broth just until cooked and serve over cooked linguini. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Currently 0 Responses
22 Sarasota's Biggest One-Day Flea Market
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
22 Kids to make free Wire Art
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
22 Responsible Dog Owners' Day
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
22 JDub's Barks & Brews Dog Adoption Event
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Cops Corner: Sarasota
Enjoy this week's edition of Cops Corner.
World on a string
The exchange of goods and chatter are the usual soundtrack for the Saturday morning Downtown Farmers Market on Orange Avenue.
Read all about it
Bookstores across the state celebrated Florida Bookstore Day Saturday. Bookstore1 held an all-ages literary party and read-a-thon for customers and members of the community.