To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
9 CONA Holiday Party
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
10 Books & Coffee
10 Hollywood Glam Party
7:45 pm - 6:00 am
12 La Leche League/Breastfeeding Support
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
13 Fifth Annual CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
13 CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
14 Free Spirograph Art Event For The Kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 Green Tara Empowerment
During each of the last eight years, the Out-of-Door Academy families have collected food for Gocio Elementary families.
Forty Carrots hosts grandparents
Forty Carrots Family Center invited students’ grandparents to attend Grandparents’ Day Nov. 25.
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.