Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
27 Daughters For Life Gala Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
27 Friday Fish Fry Dinner
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
27 Free Soul Yoga class
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
28 Free A'quarel Paint Playday for the kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Do the hop
When the curious students at the Forty Carrots Family Center checked on their class garden, they noticed something moving in the mulch.
Taking love to new heights
The sky was the actual limit for the vow renewal of Ed and Dora Sementelli Saturday, at Autumn of Sarasota.
All grown pup
On Jan. 29, guide dog Sotheby walked across the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall stage to receive his diploma as a Southeastern Guide Dog graduate with his new handler, Ginny Eichholz.