Owners: Sue and Mike McCormick
Executive chef: Mike McCormick
Address: 543 S. Pineapple Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday; open for dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m., Fridays
Known for: fresh, healthy food made from scratch
Serves 12 to 16 people
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend oil and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add carrots and nuts and mix well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch greased and floured pan for one hour and 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool at room temperature for about two hours. Run a knife around edge of cake and remove from pan.
7. Frost when completely cool.
Currently 1 Response
- How was the taste test?
4 Mindful Practice
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
5 Sarasota Singles Society: "An Evening at the Sarasota Opera House"
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
8 GriefShare Seminars & Support Groups
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
8 Dave Ramsey's FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Sarasota resident Sol Carson celebrated his 100th birthday Aug. 15, at the Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Sarasota Inc. The birthday party included cake, singing and family. Carson, a South Philadelphia native, lives in Sarasota with his son, Charles.
The St. Boniface Youth Group held an ice cream social for families Sunday, Aug. 17, in Siesta Key Village.
Calling all four-legged models! The Humane Society of Sarasota County will be accepting entries for its 3rd annual “The Real HousePets of Sarasota County” Pet Calendar and Photo Contest.