Downtown Improvement District board members began reviewing the final proposal for a streetscape project at their June 9 meeting.
The plan, prepared by Wilson Miller, details items such as plant- and-tree replacement, repainting trash cans and the placement of information kiosks.
DID will continue its review at next week’s meeting June 16, at which it will also hear the cost estimate for the project.
STREETSCAPE PROJECT PROPOSAL
Main Street plantings
• Replace all groundcover
• Remove all landscape rocks
• Add large planter pots with perennials and annuals
• Replace five Washington-palm trees with royal palms at Five Points
• Relocate northern curb 6 feet to the south to create wider sidewalk and narrower street
• Plant royal palms on both sides of street
• Install decorative lighting
Sidewalk bulbout locations
• In front of Gator Club
• In front of Café Amici
• In front of C’est la Vie
• Replace trash can at Cocoanut Avenue and First Street
• Replace trash can on Palm Avenue, north of Main Street
• Replace trash can on Main Street, west of Smokin’ Joe’s Pub
• Replace all concrete trash cans on State Street, east of Lemon Avenue
• Repaint trash can and bike rack on northwest corner of Palm Avenue and Main Street
• Repaint trash can on east side of Palm Avenue
• Add two trash cans to the Lemon Avenue mall
• Add six planter pots to the Lemon Avenue mall
• Remove all concrete planters on Second Street from Orange Avenue to Goodrich Avenue
Information kiosk placement
• Bayfront Park
• Two on Palm Avenue
• Five Points Park
• Second Street between Central Avenue and Lemon Avenue
• Lemon Avenue and Main Street
• Lemon Avenue and State Street
• Orange Avenue and First Street
• Orange Avenue and Cross Street
• Add and/or replace all banner holders
• Add a hanging flower basket to all decorative light poles
Currently 0 Responses
4 Meet the Sky
5 Volunteer Connect Meeting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
9 Back to School Bash 2014
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9 Cat Depot Leash Walking Class
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Painting with a Twist-Sarasota hosted its fifth annual fundraising event for the Vera Bradley Breast Cancer Foundation Monday.
The Tiny Hands Foundation is looking for volunteers for this weekend’s Backpack Brigade event Saturday, Aug. 2, at the Boys & Girls Club of Sarasota.
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.