Restaurant name: Mattison’s City Grille
Owner and executive chef: Paul Mattison
Address: 1 North Lemon Avenue
Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays; 11 a.m. to midnight, Fridays; 9 a.m. to midnight Saturdays; and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sundays
Known for: Al fresco menu with an Italian edge
Waffle-Pecan Crusted Grouper with local peach chutney and farmer veggies
The Waffle-Pecan Crusted Grouper was featured in April at the Farm to Fork Sunday Brunch, a partnership between Mattison’s City Grille and the Suncoast Food Alliance. The menu was comprised of locally grown, organic products. Serves two.
2 local Grouper filets, about six oz each
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of flour
1 crispy waffle, chopped finely
½ cup toasted pecan, chopped fine
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups local peaches, peeled and diced small
1 small shallot, chopped small
2 tablespoons red pepper, diced small
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
½ tablespoons sugar
1 basil leaf, chopped
2 zucchini, cut in to vertical slices
2 squash, cut in to vertical slices
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic
fresh herbs - parsley and thyme, chopped fine
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the waffle and pecans; beat the egg; season the fish with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour and apply the egg wash on the bone side of the fish; press the egg side on the waffle mixture.
3. Preheat a sauté pan at medium-high heat; add the olive oil and sear the fish waffle side down first for 40 seconds; turn over and place it in the oven for five to six minutes until cooked through.
4. In a separate saucepan, at medium heat, add olive oil and shallots, cook for one minute; add the vinegar, peaches, peppers, and sugar. Lower the heat and cook for six minutes; add the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
5. For the veggies, in a medium size pan, add the olive oil and garlic at medium heat; add the zucchini and squash, sauté for three minutes; season with salt and pepper and fresh herbs; serve immediately with the grouper and garnish with the peach chutney.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
5 Siesta Key Association Board Meeting
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
5 Wine, Dine, and Pine
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
6 Holiday Shopping with Artist Elizabeth Van Riper at the Sarasota Ritz Carlton
9:00 am - 6:00 am
6 Holiday Boutique
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
6 37th Annual 1st Friday Art Walk "Taste of the Season"
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
6 Republican Women's Club Luncheon
7 16th Annual Jingle & Jog 5K Race/1K Walk-Run
7:00 am - 11:00 am
7 Third Annual Achieva Reindeer Trot
Forty Carrots hosts grandparents
Forty Carrots Family Center invited students’ grandparents to attend Grandparents’ Day Nov. 25.
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.
In honor of our servicemen and women, Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club held its 10th annual Armed Forces Cup Friday, Nov. 8.