Sarasota County will create a Budget Oversight Committee that will assist in budget-related issues.
The committee will be made up of prominent citizens who will review the county’s 2010 budget and make suggestions and criticisms.
Each county commissioner nominated at least one citizen to appoint to the board. The list includes:
• Robert L. Anderson, former county commissioner
• Kelly Caldwell, CEO and president of Caldwell Trust Co.
• Lisa Carlton, former Florida senator
• Harrison Fox, former staff member for U.S. House Budget Committee and U.S. Senate Finance Committee
• Robert Long, former Milwaukee Public Schools assistant superintendent
• Eric Resker, financial planner for AIMCO
• John Saputo, owner of Gold Coast Eagle Distributing
• Mary Anne Servian, former Sarasota mayor
• Richard Singer, retired economist
• Joseph Welch, builder
Commission Chairman Jon Thaxton came up with the idea to create the committee.
“We get criticism that we’re wasteful,” Thaxton said. “So, I thought those in the private industry might be able to see things in the budget that we didn’t. This is an all-star cast.”
Currently 0 Responses
17 American Business Women's Association Sunset Chapter monthly meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
18 600-plus pilgrims to join city leaders, clergy for Good Friday pilgrimage down Main Street
18 Jungle Trails & Bunny Tails Easter Event
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
18 Goodwill Hosts Electric Vehicle Revolution Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Temple Beth Sholom’s youth group celebrated Passover with a Chocolate Seder Sunday, April 13.
Members of the Sarasota Seminole Club worked with Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota as part of Florida State University’s Seminole Service Day.
Piero Rivolta and his wife, Rachele, opened their home to the Pines of Sarasota March 26.