Restaurant name: Café Baci
Owners: Roberto and Denise Mei
Executive chef: Ed Colna
Date established: 1991
Address: 4001 South Tamiami Trail
Hours: Lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; and dinner from 4:30 to 9 p.m., daily
Known for: Authentic northern Italian food
Serves 6 people
½ cup pancetta, diced into ¼ -inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups cremeni mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ quart heavy cream
¼ pound unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 pound fussili pasta
pepper to taste
1. Saute pancetta in olive oil until brown and crispy.
2. Add mushrooms and toss for 30 seconds.
3. Add butter and continue to cook for one minute.
4. Add cream and bring to simmer.
5. Add peas and ¾ cup cheese, stirring often and still simmering.
6. Continue to cook until you reach desired consistency, add pepper.
7. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of rapid boiling and salted water.
8. Drain pasta well and return to cooking pot.
9. Add sauce to pasta and stir over low heat until well coated.
10. Transfer to large bowl and sprinkle remaining cheese over pasta.
Currently 0 Responses
18 9th annual Leadership Breakfast honoring Nancy Detert and Teri Hansen
18 SMART PARENTS / SMART KIDS FREE SEMINAR
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
19 American Business Women's Assocation-Sunset Chapter Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Tuscany by Night!
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.
A climb for heroes
Joining with firemen from Central Florida, the Suncoast FOOLS firefighters gathered Saturday, at Plymouth Harbor, to pay homage to the fallen heroes of Sept. 11.
Student's art gains national exposure
ART.WRITE.NOW.DC, a year-long exhibit featuring works of art and writing and hosted in the lobby of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building in Washington, D.C., opens Sept. 19.