Restaurant name: Cosimo's Too
Owners: John and Susie Ganley
Executive Chef: Chris Covelli
Address: Westfield Sarasota Square Mall at Beneva Avenue and U.S. 41
Hours: 11 to 9 p.m., Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays; noon to 9 p.m., Sundays, with the tavern open one hour later each day.
Known for: "Seriously good Italian”
Web site: www.cosimos.net
Italian Eggs Benedict
Serves 4 people
4 egg yolks
3 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 cup butter, melted
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
8 slices Italian Cappicola
4 English muffins , split
2 tbsp Paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
To make hollandaise
1. In a double boiler, fill the bottom part halfway with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan.
2. Bring water to a simmer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water.
3. Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture one at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in salt & pepper, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
4. While the eggs are poaching, lightly pan sear your Cappicola in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and toast the English muffins. Preheat oven on broiler setting.
To poach eggs:
1. Fill a large saucepan with two cups of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer then add vinegar. Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on top of toasted English muffin.
2. Place toasted muffins on a plate with two slices each of Cappicola followed by one poached egg each and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and paprika. Serve immediately.
Contact Loren Mayo at lmayo@yourobservercom.
Currently 0 Responses
21 2014 Series of Wine & Food Tasting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
22 Einstein's Circle: "Sex in the City: Sex Trafficking, Exploitation, Survival"
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
22 Introduction to Using the Internet
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
22 I AM - Women and Investing
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.
A budding partnership
Local Kiwanis clubs joined forces to help break ground on a butterfly garden and new information center for Community Haven for Adults and Children with Disabilities.
Walk this way
With less than a month until Election Day, Rhana Bazzini, left, has decided she’s had enough with current campaign financing.