Restaurant name: Cosimo's Too
Owners: John and Susie Ganley
Executive Chef: Chris Covelli
Address: Westfield Sarasota Square Mall at Beneva Avenue and U.S. 41
Hours: 11 to 9 p.m., Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays; noon to 9 p.m., Sundays, with the tavern open one hour later each day.
Known for: "Seriously good Italian”
Web site: www.cosimos.net
Italian Eggs Benedict
Serves 4 people
4 egg yolks
3 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 cup butter, melted
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
8 slices Italian Cappicola
4 English muffins , split
2 tbsp Paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
To make hollandaise
1. In a double boiler, fill the bottom part halfway with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan.
2. Bring water to a simmer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water.
3. Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture one at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in salt & pepper, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
4. While the eggs are poaching, lightly pan sear your Cappicola in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and toast the English muffins. Preheat oven on broiler setting.
To poach eggs:
1. Fill a large saucepan with two cups of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer then add vinegar. Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on top of toasted English muffin.
2. Place toasted muffins on a plate with two slices each of Cappicola followed by one poached egg each and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and paprika. Serve immediately.
Contact Loren Mayo at lmayo@yourobservercom.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Community Cookout
2 3rd annual 'Power of the Girl' Business Breakfast
2 French apÃ©ro evening
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Bridging the gap
The Children’s Guardian Fund wants to help teens get hired.
Win big in two Observer contests
Starting in October, the Observer will now offer prizes for winners of the weather photo contest, sponsored by Manasota Flooring Inc.
Can you dig it?
Third- and fourth-grade students of Temple Beth Sholom had a chance to brush up on their paleontology skills last week while digging for faux dinosaur bones.