Restaurant name: Libby’s Café and Bar
Owner: Steve, Joe and Patrick Seidensticker
Address: 1917 South Osprey Avenue
Hours: Open from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays; and 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sundays
Known for: Neighborhood restaurant that focuses on locally based Florida cuisine.
Web site: www.libbyscafebar.com
Libby’s Nuevo Classico Korubuta Pork “Chateaubriand” with Amarene Cherry Bordelaise
Serves 2-3 people
Center-cut Berkshire or Korubuta pork tenderloin
4 slices prosciutto di parma
6 slices applewood smoked bacon
2 tablespoons roast garlic puree
2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 ½ tablespoons black pepper
1 cup port wine
1 cup prepared demi glace
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 cup amarene cherries in syrup
2 tablespoons whole unsalted butter
1. Combine garlic puree, sage and salt and pepper. Rub mix to coat entire pork tenderloin.
2. Lay prosciutto slices side-by-side on worktable. Lay tenderloin at the bottom of the slices and roll up sushi-style to wrap completely. Repeat this process with the bacon. Wrap the prepared tenderloin tightly in plastic wrap, twisting the ends of the plastic to create a uniform cylinder shape. Refrigerate for two hours to set the shape.
3. While the pork rests in the refrigerator, combine the port and amarene cherries in a medium saucepan and cook over moderately high heat until reduced by 1/3 in volume. Add the demi glace and continue to cook until reduced by 1/3 again and sauce has thickened. Add vinegar and whisk in whole butter. Set sauce aside in warm place.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium-to-high heat. Remove plastic wrap from por and place in the hot sauté pan. Turn the chatea slowly, allowing the bacon to caramelize lightly all the way around the pork.
5. Place the pork on a sheet pan in the oven and roast for 14 minutes. Whisk any remaining bacon fat into the cherry sauce.
6. Remove the pork from the oven and allow to sit 10 minutes before slicing into 1-inch-thick medallions. Spoon sauce around the medallions.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Community Cookout
2 3rd annual 'Power of the Girl' Business Breakfast
2 French apÃ©ro evening
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Bridging the gap
The Children’s Guardian Fund wants to help teens get hired.
Win big in two Observer contests
Starting in October, the Observer will now offer prizes for winners of the weather photo contest, sponsored by Manasota Flooring Inc.
Can you dig it?
Third- and fourth-grade students of Temple Beth Sholom had a chance to brush up on their paleontology skills last week while digging for faux dinosaur bones.