Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness receives a grant for $723,000 to help families and individuals with housing. Florida has seen 750,000 foreclosures over the last year making.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Continuum of Care Competition awarded the organization the grant to help homeless people find transitional, permanent and affordable housing.
Most of the grant money was renewals of previous grant approvals.
• The Salvation Army - Sarasota F.A.I.T.H. program, $173,678 for transitional housing for homeless families
• Catholic Charities Our Mother's House, $122,425 for transitional housing for single mothers and their young children
• Catholic Charities, $81,503 for permanent housing for single men with HIV/AIDS;
• Shelter Plus Care grants totaling $220,876 for the City of Bradenton
• Supportive Housing Vouchers totaling $47,192 to go to Manatee Glens for chronically homeless individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues
Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness has also applied for an additional grant of $200,00 for Harvest House, an organization that provides transitional and permanent housing and counseling for homeless families.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.
Going for Gold
Custodians of Sarasota County Schools enjoyed a day of fun and learning at the annual custodians professional development day July 3, at Riverview High School.
Show of support
Siesta Key Hardware owners Patricia and James Hillier are bringing the island community closer together.