Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness receives a grant for $723,000 to help families and individuals with housing. Florida has seen 750,000 foreclosures over the last year making.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Continuum of Care Competition awarded the organization the grant to help homeless people find transitional, permanent and affordable housing.
Most of the grant money was renewals of previous grant approvals.
• The Salvation Army - Sarasota F.A.I.T.H. program, $173,678 for transitional housing for homeless families
• Catholic Charities Our Mother's House, $122,425 for transitional housing for single mothers and their young children
• Catholic Charities, $81,503 for permanent housing for single men with HIV/AIDS;
• Shelter Plus Care grants totaling $220,876 for the City of Bradenton
• Supportive Housing Vouchers totaling $47,192 to go to Manatee Glens for chronically homeless individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues
Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness has also applied for an additional grant of $200,00 for Harvest House, an organization that provides transitional and permanent housing and counseling for homeless families.
Currently 0 Responses
29 Light Up Siesta Village and Holiday Parade
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
30 Advent Procession
3 Rachel's Challenge Anti-Bullying Event hosted by The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
4 Ringling Holiday Splendor
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The gift of music
Riverview High School received a donation of $5,000 during a break in the Kiltie Band Fall concert on Nov. 20.
Coming together for the community
All Faiths Food Bank called on volunteers to help distribute 7,000 Thanksgiving dinners Saturday.
Observer on the hunt for displays
We’re making our list of the best holiday lights displays in Sarasota and checking it twice.