Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness receives a grant for $723,000 to help families and individuals with housing. Florida has seen 750,000 foreclosures over the last year making.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Continuum of Care Competition awarded the organization the grant to help homeless people find transitional, permanent and affordable housing.
Most of the grant money was renewals of previous grant approvals.
• The Salvation Army - Sarasota F.A.I.T.H. program, $173,678 for transitional housing for homeless families
• Catholic Charities Our Mother's House, $122,425 for transitional housing for single mothers and their young children
• Catholic Charities, $81,503 for permanent housing for single men with HIV/AIDS;
• Shelter Plus Care grants totaling $220,876 for the City of Bradenton
• Supportive Housing Vouchers totaling $47,192 to go to Manatee Glens for chronically homeless individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues
Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness has also applied for an additional grant of $200,00 for Harvest House, an organization that provides transitional and permanent housing and counseling for homeless families.
Currently 0 Responses
6 Holiday Shopping with Artist Elizabeth Van Riper at the Sarasota Ritz Carlton
9:00 am - 6:00 am
6 Holiday Boutique
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
6 37th Annual 1st Friday Art Walk "Taste of the Season"
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
6 Republican Women's Club Luncheon
7 16th Annual Jingle & Jog 5K Race/1K Walk-Run
7:00 am - 11:00 am
7 Third Annual Achieva Reindeer Trot
7 Free Santa Pictures With Kids, Pets and Families
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
7 Gingerbread Houses
During each of the last eight years, the Out-of-Door Academy families have collected food for Gocio Elementary families.
Forty Carrots hosts grandparents
Forty Carrots Family Center invited students’ grandparents to attend Grandparents’ Day Nov. 25.
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.