Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness receives a grant for $723,000 to help families and individuals with housing. Florida has seen 750,000 foreclosures over the last year making.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Continuum of Care Competition awarded the organization the grant to help homeless people find transitional, permanent and affordable housing.
Most of the grant money was renewals of previous grant approvals.
• The Salvation Army - Sarasota F.A.I.T.H. program, $173,678 for transitional housing for homeless families
• Catholic Charities Our Mother's House, $122,425 for transitional housing for single mothers and their young children
• Catholic Charities, $81,503 for permanent housing for single men with HIV/AIDS;
• Shelter Plus Care grants totaling $220,876 for the City of Bradenton
• Supportive Housing Vouchers totaling $47,192 to go to Manatee Glens for chronically homeless individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues
Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness has also applied for an additional grant of $200,00 for Harvest House, an organization that provides transitional and permanent housing and counseling for homeless families.
Currently 0 Responses
4 Meet the Sky
5 Volunteer Connect Meeting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
9 Back to School Bash 2014
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9 Cat Depot Leash Walking Class
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.