Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness receives a grant for $723,000 to help families and individuals with housing. Florida has seen 750,000 foreclosures over the last year making.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Continuum of Care Competition awarded the organization the grant to help homeless people find transitional, permanent and affordable housing.
Most of the grant money was renewals of previous grant approvals.
• The Salvation Army - Sarasota F.A.I.T.H. program, $173,678 for transitional housing for homeless families
• Catholic Charities Our Mother's House, $122,425 for transitional housing for single mothers and their young children
• Catholic Charities, $81,503 for permanent housing for single men with HIV/AIDS;
• Shelter Plus Care grants totaling $220,876 for the City of Bradenton
• Supportive Housing Vouchers totaling $47,192 to go to Manatee Glens for chronically homeless individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues
Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness has also applied for an additional grant of $200,00 for Harvest House, an organization that provides transitional and permanent housing and counseling for homeless families.
Currently 0 Responses
23 Senegalese Film and Discussion
23 Savvy Social Security Planning
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
24 Sarasota Pumpkin Festival
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
25 Free picture framing seminar
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.
A budding partnership
Local Kiwanis clubs joined forces to help break ground on a butterfly garden and new information center for Community Haven for Adults and Children with Disabilities.
Walk this way
With less than a month until Election Day, Rhana Bazzini, left, has decided she’s had enough with current campaign financing.