Restaurant name: Lan
Executive chef: Lan Bradeen
Address: 1568 Main Street (between Orange and Lemon)
Hours: 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday; 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday and Saturday
Known for: Modern American cuisine with an Asian flair
Ginger Crab Soup
Serves four as an appetizer
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced shallots
¼ cup Sherry
2 cups crab stock
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons cool water
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup crab meat
Chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a saucepot, sauté ginger and shallots with oil on high heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add Sherry and reduce until half of the sherry remains.
3. Add crab stock, nutmeg and white pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Whisk in cornstarch and bring to a boil again.
5. Add heavy cream, crabmeat and salt to taste.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Currently 0 Responses
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6 Feast of the Epiphany offers beautiful close to Christmas season
6 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Couple celebrates 54th anniversary
Carol and Jules Green met at a summer camp where Carol was a junior counselor and Jules was a waiter.
Officers welcome holiday backup
The Sarasota Police Department is on the lookout for an elf who goes by the name of Officer Elf on the Shelf.
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.