Restaurant name: Lan
Executive chef: Lan Bradeen
Address: 1568 Main Street (between Orange and Lemon)
Hours: 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday; 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday and Saturday
Known for: Modern American cuisine with an Asian flair
Ginger Crab Soup
Serves four as an appetizer
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced shallots
¼ cup Sherry
2 cups crab stock
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons cool water
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup crab meat
Chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a saucepot, sauté ginger and shallots with oil on high heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add Sherry and reduce until half of the sherry remains.
3. Add crab stock, nutmeg and white pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Whisk in cornstarch and bring to a boil again.
5. Add heavy cream, crabmeat and salt to taste.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Currently 0 Responses
17 American Business Women's Association Sunset Chapter monthly meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
18 600-plus pilgrims to join city leaders, clergy for Good Friday pilgrimage down Main Street
18 Jungle Trails & Bunny Tails Easter Event
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
18 Goodwill Hosts Electric Vehicle Revolution Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Temple Beth Sholom’s youth group celebrated Passover with a Chocolate Seder Sunday, April 13.
Members of the Sarasota Seminole Club worked with Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota as part of Florida State University’s Seminole Service Day.
Piero Rivolta and his wife, Rachele, opened their home to the Pines of Sarasota March 26.