Restaurant name: Lan
Executive chef: Lan Bradeen
Address: 1568 Main Street (between Orange and Lemon)
Hours: 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday; 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday and Saturday
Known for: Modern American cuisine with an Asian flair
Ginger Crab Soup
Serves four as an appetizer
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced shallots
¼ cup Sherry
2 cups crab stock
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons cool water
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup crab meat
Chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a saucepot, sauté ginger and shallots with oil on high heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add Sherry and reduce until half of the sherry remains.
3. Add crab stock, nutmeg and white pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Whisk in cornstarch and bring to a boil again.
5. Add heavy cream, crabmeat and salt to taste.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Currently 0 Responses
29 Basic Obedience 1 - K9 Training Course
30 Laughter Yoga Leader Certification Training
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
1 Urbanfit Round 3
6:00 am - 7:00 am
1 Meet the Sky
Tw-Ice as Nice
Bob’s Boathouse hosted an ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and fundraiser event Tuesday.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Every dog has its day
Consulate Health Care of Sarasota’s beloved service dog, Danielle, retires after providing five years of therapy to the residents and patients at Consulate.