Sisters Marcia Weil and Maxine Pintchuck, along with Maxine’s husband Louis Pintchuck, enjoy cooking meals for various Temple Sinai events.
From cooking small breakfasts to large dinners for 300 guests, this team of family chefs is never far from the kitchen. Today, they prepared one of their favorite dishes, chicken picata.
Chicken piccata and spinach:
- Three large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into three horizontal slices and pounded to 1/4” thickness.
- One cup flour
- Four tablespoons olive oil
- Three tablespoons margarine
- One cup of chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine or lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Three tablespoons capers
1. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan with one bag of fresh spinach.
2. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt, and cook covered for approximately five minutes, or until wilted.
3. Dip chicken breast into flour that has been seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
4. Brown chicken in frying pan with mixture of olive oil and margarine for two to three minutes per side.
5. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate under foil to keep warm.
6. To create sauce, add two tablespoons of flour to original frying pan, and stir until light brown.
7. Add white wine or lemon juice and chicken stock and capers, and simmer sauce until thickened.
8. Add chicken back to pan, and cook for five minutes.
9. Serve with spinach, and add sauce as topping.
Currently 1 Response
- Sounds Delicious!
17 Sarasota's Shamrock Pub Annual St Patrick's Day Block Party March 17
17 Nia with Gail in Sarasota
4:45 pm - 5:45 pm
18 Center for Architecture Lecture Series
20 Town Hall Series: Leon Panetta
20 Reason to Hope
20 Junior League of Sarasota Tour of Homes Kick-off Party
22 Window Art Free Playday for the kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
22 Phi Beta Kappa Luncheon
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Shine bright like a diamond
Ten-year-old Montserat Vasquez can now add jewelry designer to her list of hobbies.
The Ikebana International Sarasota Chapter held its 46th annual exhibition Feb. 22 and Feb. 23, at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.
Darwin’s on 4th’s brewery, Darwin Brewing Co., earned a silver medal in the Best Florida Beers porter category for its Charapa Spiced Porter at Tampa Bay Beer Week March 1 through March 9.