Sisters Marcia Weil and Maxine Pintchuck, along with Maxine’s husband Louis Pintchuck, enjoy cooking meals for various Temple Sinai events.
From cooking small breakfasts to large dinners for 300 guests, this team of family chefs is never far from the kitchen. Today, they prepared one of their favorite dishes, chicken picata.
Chicken piccata and spinach:
- Three large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into three horizontal slices and pounded to 1/4” thickness.
- One cup flour
- Four tablespoons olive oil
- Three tablespoons margarine
- One cup of chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine or lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Three tablespoons capers
1. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan with one bag of fresh spinach.
2. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt, and cook covered for approximately five minutes, or until wilted.
3. Dip chicken breast into flour that has been seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
4. Brown chicken in frying pan with mixture of olive oil and margarine for two to three minutes per side.
5. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate under foil to keep warm.
6. To create sauce, add two tablespoons of flour to original frying pan, and stir until light brown.
7. Add white wine or lemon juice and chicken stock and capers, and simmer sauce until thickened.
8. Add chicken back to pan, and cook for five minutes.
9. Serve with spinach, and add sauce as topping.
Currently 1 Response
- Sounds Delicious!
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.