Sisters Marcia Weil and Maxine Pintchuck, along with Maxine’s husband Louis Pintchuck, enjoy cooking meals for various Temple Sinai events.
From cooking small breakfasts to large dinners for 300 guests, this team of family chefs is never far from the kitchen. Today, they prepared one of their favorite dishes, chicken picata.
Chicken piccata and spinach:
- Three large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into three horizontal slices and pounded to 1/4” thickness.
- One cup flour
- Four tablespoons olive oil
- Three tablespoons margarine
- One cup of chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine or lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Three tablespoons capers
1. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan with one bag of fresh spinach.
2. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt, and cook covered for approximately five minutes, or until wilted.
3. Dip chicken breast into flour that has been seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
4. Brown chicken in frying pan with mixture of olive oil and margarine for two to three minutes per side.
5. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate under foil to keep warm.
6. To create sauce, add two tablespoons of flour to original frying pan, and stir until light brown.
7. Add white wine or lemon juice and chicken stock and capers, and simmer sauce until thickened.
8. Add chicken back to pan, and cook for five minutes.
9. Serve with spinach, and add sauce as topping.
Currently 1 Response
- Sounds Delicious!
25 Free picture framing seminar
25 Stepping Out Against Domestic Violence (DV Awareness Walk)
25 3rd Annual Sarasota Book Fair
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
25 Kids to make free Plus Plus
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
On Saturday Phillippi Shores Elementary fourth-grader Mickeyshane McGetrick invited friends and classmates to help kick off his class project to clean up Turtle Beach.
Only 9 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.