+ Commissioners deny Foxfire Golf Course re-zone
More than 20 residents pled with Sarasota County commissioners Feb. 13, to deny a petition to re-zone 193 acres of land that was formerly part of a landfill near Foxfire Golf Course.
Commissioners cited concerns about its health hazard and denied the petition with a 4-0 vote. Commissioner Nora Patterson recused herself from the vote because John Patterson, her husband, represented the petitioner in the past.
Attorney Bill Merrill represented Foxfire Properties LLC, the firm petitioning for the land-use designation tweak.
In other County Commission news:
• Commissioners, in a Feb. 12 letter to the Sarasota County School Board, appealed the Sarasota High School rebuild, in which the School Board proposes partial destruction of the Paul F. Rudolph building.
• The County Commission approved $90,000 in spending associated with a bid to host the 2017 World Rowing Championship. Manatee County will share the cost burden if it approves the bid.
Meetings & Agendas
• Community Safety Planning Work Group — 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, Sarasota County Health and Human Services, 2200 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Sarasota County Planning Commission Meeting — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, Administration Building, Commission Chambers, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Siesta Isles Association Meeting — 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, St. Michael the Archangel, 5394 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta
• Criminal Justice Commission Meeting — Noon Monday, Feb. 25, Administration Building, Third Floor Think Tank, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Sarasota County Commission Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, Administration Building, Commission Chambers, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Sarasota County Commission Meeting — 9 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, Administration Building, Commission Chambers, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
Currently 1 Response
- Looking for article
18 American Business Women's Assocation-Sunset Chapter Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
20 Bring Them Home for the Holidays Adoption Event
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
20 La Fille mal Gardee Pre-Performance Children’s Buffet
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.
Helping out by working out
Few workouts help a good cause and provide a good sweat at the same time.
They CAN do it!
When challenged with the task of building a can structure for food donations, the employees at LexJet, a part of S-One Holdings Corp., delivered.