The Sarasota City Commission, acting as the Community Redevelopment Agency, will review a list of downtown projects considerations at its regular meeting today that includes a Main Street streetscape project.
The commissioners will review the following at its 2:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota:
• $1.9 million worth of upgrades the DID is willing to fund from Bayfront Avenue to Osprey Avenue and $10,000 the DID is willing to contribute for a Palm Avenue upgrade project.
• $224,000 the CRA would fund for a Palm Avenue streetscape project.
• $1.3 million for a First Street streetscape project from Pineapple Avenue to U.S. 41.
• $1 million for a Main Street and Orange Avenue roundabout.
Also at its meeting, which reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• A proposal to build a nine-hole disc golf course within Payne Park.
• Approving downtown enhancement grants for the Community Redevelopment Agency.
• Contracting with a company to act as a search consultant for a new city manager.
• An update on Sarasota Bayfront activities and events.
• Northwest Sarasota revitalization.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.
Going for Gold
Custodians of Sarasota County Schools enjoyed a day of fun and learning at the annual custodians professional development day July 3, at Riverview High School.
Show of support
Siesta Key Hardware owners Patricia and James Hillier are bringing the island community closer together.