The Sarasota City Commission, acting as the Community Redevelopment Agency, will review a list of downtown projects considerations at its regular meeting today that includes a Main Street streetscape project.
The commissioners will review the following at its 2:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota:
• $1.9 million worth of upgrades the DID is willing to fund from Bayfront Avenue to Osprey Avenue and $10,000 the DID is willing to contribute for a Palm Avenue upgrade project.
• $224,000 the CRA would fund for a Palm Avenue streetscape project.
• $1.3 million for a First Street streetscape project from Pineapple Avenue to U.S. 41.
• $1 million for a Main Street and Orange Avenue roundabout.
Also at its meeting, which reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• A proposal to build a nine-hole disc golf course within Payne Park.
• Approving downtown enhancement grants for the Community Redevelopment Agency.
• Contracting with a company to act as a search consultant for a new city manager.
• An update on Sarasota Bayfront activities and events.
• Northwest Sarasota revitalization.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
24 "Smart, Sassy, Strong & Classy!" Women's Gala & Speed Networking Event
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
24 Sunsets at Selby
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
25 Mindful Practice
25 Ed U Tainment
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Can you dig it?
Third- and fourth-grade students of Temple Beth Sholom had a chance to brush up on their paleontology skills last week while digging for faux dinosaur bones.
Sound of scholars
Local students Caleb Upton and Matthew Vaadi received some help for their upcoming studies to the tune of $1,000 each from the Sarasota Chorus of the Keys. The scholarships were made possible through the Sheridan E. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund. Both students plan to use the funds toward a career in music.
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.