The Sarasota City Commission, acting as the Community Redevelopment Agency, will review a list of downtown projects considerations at its regular meeting today that includes a Main Street streetscape project.
The commissioners will review the following at its 2:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota:
• $1.9 million worth of upgrades the DID is willing to fund from Bayfront Avenue to Osprey Avenue and $10,000 the DID is willing to contribute for a Palm Avenue upgrade project.
• $224,000 the CRA would fund for a Palm Avenue streetscape project.
• $1.3 million for a First Street streetscape project from Pineapple Avenue to U.S. 41.
• $1 million for a Main Street and Orange Avenue roundabout.
Also at its meeting, which reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• A proposal to build a nine-hole disc golf course within Payne Park.
• Approving downtown enhancement grants for the Community Redevelopment Agency.
• Contracting with a company to act as a search consultant for a new city manager.
• An update on Sarasota Bayfront activities and events.
• Northwest Sarasota revitalization.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
27 Blanche & Baby Jane Drag Queen Bingo
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
29 Basic Obedience 1 - K9 Training Course
30 Laughter Yoga Leader Certification Training
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
1 Urbanfit Round 3
6:00 am - 7:00 am
Tw-Ice as Nice
Bob’s Boathouse hosted an ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and fundraiser event Tuesday.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Every dog has its day
Consulate Health Care of Sarasota’s beloved service dog, Danielle, retires after providing five years of therapy to the residents and patients at Consulate.