The Sarasota City Commission, acting as the Community Redevelopment Agency, will review a list of downtown projects considerations at its regular meeting today that includes a Main Street streetscape project.
The commissioners will review the following at its 2:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota:
• $1.9 million worth of upgrades the DID is willing to fund from Bayfront Avenue to Osprey Avenue and $10,000 the DID is willing to contribute for a Palm Avenue upgrade project.
• $224,000 the CRA would fund for a Palm Avenue streetscape project.
• $1.3 million for a First Street streetscape project from Pineapple Avenue to U.S. 41.
• $1 million for a Main Street and Orange Avenue roundabout.
Also at its meeting, which reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• A proposal to build a nine-hole disc golf course within Payne Park.
• Approving downtown enhancement grants for the Community Redevelopment Agency.
• Contracting with a company to act as a search consultant for a new city manager.
• An update on Sarasota Bayfront activities and events.
• Northwest Sarasota revitalization.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6 Feast of the Epiphany offers beautiful close to Christmas season
6 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Couple celebrates 54th anniversary
Carol and Jules Green met at a summer camp where Carol was a junior counselor and Jules was a waiter.
Officers welcome holiday backup
The Sarasota Police Department is on the lookout for an elf who goes by the name of Officer Elf on the Shelf.
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.