Currently 3 Responses
- You can now lump Walt in with Sarah Palin in regards to political savvy. He is a one-issue man who doesn't even understand the issue.
- Truth in facts:
1. Sarasota County Schools sore in the top 10 of the state : gains in reading and math.
2. Scores in the top 3 in essay scores..Elementary inproved 30 points since 2001.
3. Sarasota is an "A" district. With 95% A elementary schoold..86% A middle Schools and 84% total A or B schools
4. SAT scores are higher than the state average..23 points higher in math and 19 points higher in reading.
5. 85.1% graduation rate for 2008-09
6. All time low dropout rate 1.8%
- The problem with Mr. Augustinowicz misguided opinion is that with very little effort you would know that the referendum dollars are NOT EVER spent on the construction of new schools - whatever their perceived beauty. The money for construction comes a capital outlay budget that is - by law - separate from any budget for teacher salaries. Mr. Augustinowicz is VERY aware of that - yet continues to try to push ridiculous rhetoric. It's a shame that his political aspirations are more important to him than the future of our children.
14 WinShape Camps for Communities
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
14 Scrub Jay Jr. Ranger Camp - Scrub Ecosystem Week 5
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
14 Ovation - School of Musical Theatre Summer Camp Session 6
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
14 Bastille Day Fundraiser
6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Show of support
Siesta Key Hardware owners Patricia and James Hillier are bringing the island community closer together.
Southeastern Guide Dogs has announced a T-shirt design contest for its 2015 walkathon held across the state.
Growing up green
More than 80 campers experienced the beauty of nature at the S.T.E.M. Summer Camp last week in Venice.