Currently 3 Responses
- You can now lump Walt in with Sarah Palin in regards to political savvy. He is a one-issue man who doesn't even understand the issue.
- Truth in facts:
1. Sarasota County Schools sore in the top 10 of the state : gains in reading and math.
2. Scores in the top 3 in essay scores..Elementary inproved 30 points since 2001.
3. Sarasota is an "A" district. With 95% A elementary schoold..86% A middle Schools and 84% total A or B schools
4. SAT scores are higher than the state average..23 points higher in math and 19 points higher in reading.
5. 85.1% graduation rate for 2008-09
6. All time low dropout rate 1.8%
- The problem with Mr. Augustinowicz misguided opinion is that with very little effort you would know that the referendum dollars are NOT EVER spent on the construction of new schools - whatever their perceived beauty. The money for construction comes a capital outlay budget that is - by law - separate from any budget for teacher salaries. Mr. Augustinowicz is VERY aware of that - yet continues to try to push ridiculous rhetoric. It's a shame that his political aspirations are more important to him than the future of our children.
6 Holiday Shopping with Artist Elizabeth Van Riper at the Sarasota Ritz Carlton
9:00 am - 6:00 am
6 Holiday Boutique
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
6 37th Annual 1st Friday Art Walk "Taste of the Season"
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
6 Republican Women's Club Luncheon
7 16th Annual Jingle & Jog 5K Race/1K Walk-Run
7:00 am - 11:00 am
7 Third Annual Achieva Reindeer Trot
7 Free Santa Pictures With Kids, Pets and Families
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
7 Gingerbread Houses
During each of the last eight years, the Out-of-Door Academy families have collected food for Gocio Elementary families.
Forty Carrots hosts grandparents
Forty Carrots Family Center invited students’ grandparents to attend Grandparents’ Day Nov. 25.
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.