The Sarasota City Commission will discuss a new proposal for the Lido Pool, consider approving a new P.F. Chang’s Asian Bistro for downtown discuss a new plan to end homelessness this evening at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Also at the meeting, which begins at 2:30 p.m. and reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• Agreements between the city and contractors for an ongoing city-wide water and sewer pipe replacement project.
• A resolution that would approve construction of a two-story residential duplex at 1910 Laurel St.
• A scope of services for a city-wide mobility plan.
• An ordinance that would vacate a 50-foot wide section of the Floral Lane right-of-way.
• Board members to its Parks, Recreation and Environmental Protection Advisory Board and Public Art Committee.
• A appeal filing fee relating to a Goodwill Superstore that was approved on the North Trail.
• Improving development review procedures.
• An appeal of the Sarasota Bayfront Mooring Field design/build process filed by Tampa Bay Marine Inc.
• A settlement offer from Citizens for Sunshine Inc relating to a Sunshine Law violation brought against the Civil Service Board.
For more information on today’s meeting, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Thursday’s Jan. 19 Sarasota Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
24 What are you doing on Christmas Eve?
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.