The Sarasota City Commission will discuss a new proposal for the Lido Pool, consider approving a new P.F. Chang’s Asian Bistro for downtown discuss a new plan to end homelessness this evening at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Also at the meeting, which begins at 2:30 p.m. and reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• Agreements between the city and contractors for an ongoing city-wide water and sewer pipe replacement project.
• A resolution that would approve construction of a two-story residential duplex at 1910 Laurel St.
• A scope of services for a city-wide mobility plan.
• An ordinance that would vacate a 50-foot wide section of the Floral Lane right-of-way.
• Board members to its Parks, Recreation and Environmental Protection Advisory Board and Public Art Committee.
• A appeal filing fee relating to a Goodwill Superstore that was approved on the North Trail.
• Improving development review procedures.
• An appeal of the Sarasota Bayfront Mooring Field design/build process filed by Tampa Bay Marine Inc.
• A settlement offer from Citizens for Sunshine Inc relating to a Sunshine Law violation brought against the Civil Service Board.
For more information on today’s meeting, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Thursday’s Jan. 19 Sarasota Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
21 2014 Series of Wine & Food Tasting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
22 Einstein's Circle: "Sex in the City: Sex Trafficking, Exploitation, Survival"
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
22 Introduction to Using the Internet
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
22 I AM - Women and Investing
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.
A budding partnership
Local Kiwanis clubs joined forces to help break ground on a butterfly garden and new information center for Community Haven for Adults and Children with Disabilities.
Walk this way
With less than a month until Election Day, Rhana Bazzini, left, has decided she’s had enough with current campaign financing.