The Sarasota City Commission will discuss a new proposal for the Lido Pool, consider approving a new P.F. Chang’s Asian Bistro for downtown discuss a new plan to end homelessness this evening at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Also at the meeting, which begins at 2:30 p.m. and reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• Agreements between the city and contractors for an ongoing city-wide water and sewer pipe replacement project.
• A resolution that would approve construction of a two-story residential duplex at 1910 Laurel St.
• A scope of services for a city-wide mobility plan.
• An ordinance that would vacate a 50-foot wide section of the Floral Lane right-of-way.
• Board members to its Parks, Recreation and Environmental Protection Advisory Board and Public Art Committee.
• A appeal filing fee relating to a Goodwill Superstore that was approved on the North Trail.
• Improving development review procedures.
• An appeal of the Sarasota Bayfront Mooring Field design/build process filed by Tampa Bay Marine Inc.
• A settlement offer from Citizens for Sunshine Inc relating to a Sunshine Law violation brought against the Civil Service Board.
For more information on today’s meeting, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Thursday’s Jan. 19 Sarasota Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.