The Sarasota Police Department has announced the closure of several downtown roads scheduled for this weekend during the 16th annual Thunder by the Bay motorcycle festival.
The road closures will largely be in effect beginning 6 a.m. on Saturday, and the closures will last through Sunday evening, according to an SPD press release. The road closures include:
• Main Street, between Orange Avenue and Bayfront Drive
• Palm Avenue, between the alley next to the Palm Avenue garage and McAnsh Square
• Gulfstream Avenue, between Banana Place and McNash Square
• Lemon Avenue, between First Street and the alley next to the Gator Club
• Central Avenue, between First Street and Main Street
• First Street, between Central Avenue and North Pineapple Avenue
The closure of Main Street between Lemon Avenue and Orange Avenue, and of Lemon Avenue itself, will not be in effect until after the Sarasota Farmers Market closes at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Contact David Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
4 Mindful Practice
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
5 Sarasota Singles Society: "An Evening at the Sarasota Opera House"
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
8 GriefShare Seminars & Support Groups
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
8 Dave Ramsey's FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Sarasota resident Sol Carson celebrated his 100th birthday Aug. 15, at the Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Sarasota Inc. The birthday party included cake, singing and family. Carson, a South Philadelphia native, lives in Sarasota with his son, Charles.
The St. Boniface Youth Group held an ice cream social for families Sunday, Aug. 17, in Siesta Key Village.
Calling all four-legged models! The Humane Society of Sarasota County will be accepting entries for its 3rd annual “The Real HousePets of Sarasota County” Pet Calendar and Photo Contest.