The Sarasota Police Department has announced the closure of several downtown roads scheduled for this weekend during the 16th annual Thunder by the Bay motorcycle festival.
The road closures will largely be in effect beginning 6 a.m. on Saturday, and the closures will last through Sunday evening, according to an SPD press release. The road closures include:
• Main Street, between Orange Avenue and Bayfront Drive
• Palm Avenue, between the alley next to the Palm Avenue garage and McAnsh Square
• Gulfstream Avenue, between Banana Place and McNash Square
• Lemon Avenue, between First Street and the alley next to the Gator Club
• Central Avenue, between First Street and Main Street
• First Street, between Central Avenue and North Pineapple Avenue
The closure of Main Street between Lemon Avenue and Orange Avenue, and of Lemon Avenue itself, will not be in effect until after the Sarasota Farmers Market closes at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Contact David Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6 Feast of the Epiphany offers beautiful close to Christmas season
6 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Couple celebrates 54th anniversary
Carol and Jules Green met at a summer camp where Carol was a junior counselor and Jules was a waiter.
Officers welcome holiday backup
The Sarasota Police Department is on the lookout for an elf who goes by the name of Officer Elf on the Shelf.
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.