The Sarasota Police Department has announced the closure of several downtown roads scheduled for this weekend during the 16th annual Thunder by the Bay motorcycle festival.
The road closures will largely be in effect beginning 6 a.m. on Saturday, and the closures will last through Sunday evening, according to an SPD press release. The road closures include:
• Main Street, between Orange Avenue and Bayfront Drive
• Palm Avenue, between the alley next to the Palm Avenue garage and McAnsh Square
• Gulfstream Avenue, between Banana Place and McNash Square
• Lemon Avenue, between First Street and the alley next to the Gator Club
• Central Avenue, between First Street and Main Street
• First Street, between Central Avenue and North Pineapple Avenue
The closure of Main Street between Lemon Avenue and Orange Avenue, and of Lemon Avenue itself, will not be in effect until after the Sarasota Farmers Market closes at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Contact David Conway at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Sarasota Pizza Wars
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
3 The Arab-Israeli Conflict: The 100-Years War in a Twice-Promised Land
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
3 "Peace, Politics, and Projectiles: An Insider's Look at the War in Gaza and Its Aftermathâ�� With Jerusalem Post Correspondent Gil Hoffman
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
5 Venice Fall Wellness Fair
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Ladies enjoy a night out
Women of all ages ditched their heels and slipped on their running shoes for the New Balance Girls Night Out.
Residents help tame lionfish
A total of 251 lionfish were scooped out of the ocean for the inaugural Sarasota Lionfish Derby last weekend.
Let them eat cake!
The staff and residents at The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch celebrated the first resident to become a member of the centennial club.