There are more than 1,500 museums across the country participating in Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live, a day of free admission Saturday, Sept. 28. For Sarasota, it means that there is free admission to The John and Mable Ringling Museum, 5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota.
If you’re curious about the museum’s current offerings, be sure to check out their updated and expanded website Ringling.org, which was designed by At atLarge.Inc and launched today. To participate and attain free admission for two people, you must print a ticket at smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket.
Other nearby participating museums are:
• Historic Spanish Point — 337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey
• Venice Museum and Archives — 351 S. Nassau St., Venice
• Florida Railroad Museum — 12210 83rd St. E, Parrish
• Florida Holocaust Museum — 55 5th Street South, St. Petersburg
• Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg — 255 Beach Dr. NE, St. Petersburg
Currently 0 Responses
26 Key Moments Photo Art Exhibit
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
26 Music for Harp & Flute
28 Cine Selby: We are all Equal!
29 Foodtrepreneur Showcase
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
On Saturday Phillippi Shores Elementary fourth-grader Mickeyshane McGetrick invited friends and classmates to help kick off his class project to clean up Turtle Beach.
Only 9 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.