There are more than 1,500 museums across the country participating in Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live, a day of free admission Saturday, Sept. 28. For Sarasota, it means that there is free admission to The John and Mable Ringling Museum, 5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota.
If you’re curious about the museum’s current offerings, be sure to check out their updated and expanded website Ringling.org, which was designed by At atLarge.Inc and launched today. To participate and attain free admission for two people, you must print a ticket at smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket.
Other nearby participating museums are:
• Historic Spanish Point — 337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey
• Venice Museum and Archives — 351 S. Nassau St., Venice
• Florida Railroad Museum — 12210 83rd St. E, Parrish
• Florida Holocaust Museum — 55 5th Street South, St. Petersburg
• Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg — 255 Beach Dr. NE, St. Petersburg
Currently 0 Responses
29 EXPERIENCE THE SARASOTA OPERA
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
29 Wordier Than Thou Story Tellers Open Mic
29 Masterworks Series: Enigma
30 Start an Artists Sketchbook/Journal
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Did you notice a familiar name in the February issue of Southern Living magazine?
Packing on team spirit
No one can accuse of Diane Chechik of not representing her team, the Green Bay Packers.
Sarasota on the social map
… Well, we already knew that, right? Now apparently all of New York knows how wonderful our slice of paradise is, too.