To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
10 Lend Me a Tenor
7:30 pm - 2:00 pm
13 A Taste of Downtown Food & Wine Festival
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
14 Heroic Brass - Surviving
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
18 Sarasota Orchestra: Chamber Series
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Sarasota resident Sol Carson celebrated his 100th birthday Aug. 15, at the Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Sarasota Inc. The birthday party included cake, singing and family. Carson, a South Philadelphia native, lives in Sarasota with his son, Charles.
The St. Boniface Youth Group held an ice cream social for families Sunday, Aug. 17, in Siesta Key Village.
Calling all four-legged models! The Humane Society of Sarasota County will be accepting entries for its 3rd annual “The Real HousePets of Sarasota County” Pet Calendar and Photo Contest.