To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Dickey Betts & Great Southern Charity Concert
1 Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota presents the Morgenstern Trio
2 Jazz Club of Sarasota Presents "Jazz on the Water"
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
2 Three Artists: Pianist Eleonora Lvov, Painter Karin Zukowski, Dessert Diva Ilana Jones
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Ladies enjoy a night out
Women of all ages ditched their heels and slipped on their running shoes for the New Balance Girls Night Out.
Residents help tame lionfish
A total of 251 lionfish were scooped out of the ocean for the inaugural Sarasota Lionfish Derby last weekend.
Let them eat cake!
The staff and residents at The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch celebrated the first resident to become a member of the centennial club.