To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
23 Sarasota Mandolin Orchestra
23 A Wink and a Smile
5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
25 "Jazz at Two" with the Kevin Celebi Quartet
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
25 The Venice Symphony - 'AMERICANA' - Pops Concert
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Temple Beth Sholom’s youth group celebrated Passover with a Chocolate Seder Sunday, April 13.
Members of the Sarasota Seminole Club worked with Habitat for Humanity of Sarasota as part of Florida State University’s Seminole Service Day.
Piero Rivolta and his wife, Rachele, opened their home to the Pines of Sarasota March 26.