To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
29 PMP Sarasota Winter Residency: Chorus Rehearsal
29 PMP Sarasota Winter Residency: Student Recital
30 PMP Sarasota Winter Residency: Cello Master Class
30 PMP Sarasota Winter Residency: Chorus Rehearsal
Couple celebrates 54th anniversary
Carol and Jules Green met at a summer camp where Carol was a junior counselor and Jules was a waiter.
Officers welcome holiday backup
The Sarasota Police Department is on the lookout for an elf who goes by the name of Officer Elf on the Shelf.
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.