To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Cine Selby
28 The Jazz Club of Sarasota Presents "Jazz at Two" with Alex and Judi Glover
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
28 WSLR Hand-Cranked Festival: Day 1
29 WSLR Hand-Cranked Festival: Day 2
Cops Corner: Sarasota
Enjoy this week's edition of Cops Corner.
World on a string
The exchange of goods and chatter are the usual soundtrack for the Saturday morning Downtown Farmers Market on Orange Avenue.
Read all about it
Bookstores across the state celebrated Florida Bookstore Day Saturday. Bookstore1 held an all-ages literary party and read-a-thon for customers and members of the community.