To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
22 Moving to Sarasota
22 Sunsets at Selby
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
22 'Dancing in the Street'
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
23 Perlman Music Program/Suncoast Emerging Artists Performance Series Reception & Performance
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
School of rock
Fans cheered on their favorite bands Saturday at Rock for a Cause.
A budding partnership
Local Kiwanis clubs joined forces to help break ground on a butterfly garden and new information center for Community Haven for Adults and Children with Disabilities.
Walk this way
With less than a month until Election Day, Rhana Bazzini, left, has decided she’s had enough with current campaign financing.