Currently 4 Responses
- There are many people that can't afford health care so what we need to focus on is reducing the cost of health care not subsiding insurance.
Insurance should be used only in extreme circumstances not routine doctors visits or routine blood work. The way that you reduce health care cost is to reduce government interference in health NOT maximize it. We need to eliminate all taxes ( Federal, state,and local) on hospitals, nursing homes and doctors offices and reduce the cost of the regulatory burden these important parts of the medical establishment, but above all KEEP THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OUT OF HEALTH CARE! There isn't anything more expensive than a free government program.
- I could not agree with you more, and I was so happy to read your response to Bill Elias' August 27, 2009 letter to the editor . Keep up the good work.
- 1. People that are already sick still need insurance. There are exams and treatments necessary that can not be covered by most americans out of their own pocket. Having medical insurance is not to protect you from getting sick is to protect one from going broke from medical costs to stay healthy.
2. Insurance companies already overcharge for services. Look at Aetna's latest profit margin.
I would love to continue to address all the points but there is not enough time or space in this forum to debunk all of what is stated in the piece by Mr. Richman. What Irony that his last name and those scared of the proposed changes are one and the same.
- Excellent! This is the best summary of Obamacare that I have seen anywhere. GH
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.