The Longboat Key Town Commission meets at 1 p.m. for its regular workshop at Town Hall to discuss the possibility of burying power lines along Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Florida Power & Light Co. representatives will attend to discuss the possibility of burying the lines and present costs associated with such a venture.
Vice Mayor David Brenner has pushed for cost estimates since he became a commissioner.
“The power lines are ugly and burying them as part of a long-term goal to beautify Gulf of Mexico Drive is something the town should be looking into,” Brenner said.
Also at its workshop, commissioners will:
• A proposed resolution that provides a list of 2011-12 recommended budget transfers.
• A proposed resolution that expresses Longboat Key Town Commission support for police and firefighter pension reform.
• An ordinance that allows for a $25,000 budget transfer for the street lighting modifications along Gulf of Mexico Drive needed during this past turtle-nesting season.
• A proposed resolution that allows for a $23,000 budget transfer to pay for a consultant to help make future changes to the town code.
• A proposed resolution that allows for a budget transfer of $67,470 to cover Longboat Key Public Tennis Center expenditures.
• Changes for homestead exemptions for qualifying seniors.
• The state for the 2013 general municipal election and an early voting schedule.
Currently 0 Responses
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.
Longboat Key keeps it clean
We’re still reeling from Longboat Key’s exclusion from Movoto’s “10 Sexiest Small Cities in America,” which named Sarasota and Bradenton the first and third sexiest small cities, respectively.
Joe Perry still rockin' in new book
Longboat Key’s most famous guitarist Joe Perry has a new book, “Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith.”