+ Sales director
Jill Raleigh, a 10-year member of The Observer Group Inc., has been named director of advertising for The Longboat Observer, The Sarasota Observer and The East County Observer.
A Sarasota resident, Raleigh has served the past year as advertising manager, overseeing display advertising sales in Sarasota County for the three Observer newspapers. Prior to that, she was the company’s leading sales executive. Raleigh is also a former advertising sales executive at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
Raleigh will have responsibility for the growth of the Observers’ display advertising sales and its six-member sales staff.
Raleigh is married to John Raleigh, owner of Raleigh & Associates Inc., a Sarasota investment manager.
• The Florida Department of Transportation will host a public information meeting to inform residents about ongoing construction projects in Anna Maria, Holmes Beach, Bradenton Beach and Longboat Key at 5:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16, at Saint Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The town will host a special pension workshop ats 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16 to discuss the issues the town faces with the police, fire rescue and general employee pension plans.
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17.
• In the Nov. 5 issue story “Longboat Key history surfaces,” the planes that flew over Longboat Key during World War II were planes, not jets.
• From the “Residents react to Bay Isles sign” story, Longboat Key Town Commissioner George Spoll is not a voting representative of the Bay Isles Master Association.
in the News
70 — The number of photos displayed in Ed Kashi’s “Aging in America” exhibit.
36 — The approximate number of outdoor dining seats the town has taken away from Harry’s Continental Kitchens because it doesn’t have permission to use them.
900 — The number of feet that Longboat Key Club and Resort officials claim the closest existing Islandside building sits from any of the proposed golf course condominium buildings.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.