The Longboat Key Town Commission decided not to approve a revised hedge height ordinance on second reading Monday night that would require some waterfront properties on the Key to have their hedges no higher than six-feet tall.
The ordinance was brought forward after a dispute between Marina Bay and Harbour Court over a hedge that was more than 20-feet tall and blocked waterfront views for first floor Marina Bay unit owners.
But with that dispute resolved amicably among both parties, commissioners decided to postpone a decision on the matter, sending ordinance revisions back to its Planning and Zoning Board for further review so hearings can be held early next year when more seasonal residents can provide input on the matter.
Also at its 7 p.m. meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, Dec. 3 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes parking hours in Longbeach Village on Broadway between Lois Avenue and Bayside Drive.
• An ordinance that approves a $40,000 budget transfer for renovations to the Linley Street boat ramps.
• A resolution that approves a 10-year potable water supply plan that must be updated every five years.
• A 2013 Town Commission meeting schedule.
• The town’s participation in the 2012 Longboat Key Gourmet Lawn Party.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.
Longboat Key keeps it clean
We’re still reeling from Longboat Key’s exclusion from Movoto’s “10 Sexiest Small Cities in America,” which named Sarasota and Bradenton the first and third sexiest small cities, respectively.
Joe Perry still rockin' in new book
Longboat Key’s most famous guitarist Joe Perry has a new book, “Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith.”