The Longboat Key Town Commission will review a revised hedge height ordinance on second reading Monday night that would require some waterfront properties on the Key to have their hedges no higher than six-feet tall.
The ordinance was brought forward after a dispute between Marina Bay and Harbour Court over a hedge that was more than 20-feet tall and blocked waterfront views for first floor Marina Bay unit owners.
Marina Bay and Harbour Court, though, have resolved the dispute, with the help of Town Manager Dave Bullock, and the hedge has been cut down to 12-feet tall.
If commissioners approve the ordinance tonight, at least 11 properties Key-wide would not be in compliance with the ordinance. The commission will likely debate whether the ordinance even needs to be changed now that the dispute has been resolved.
Also at its 7 p.m. meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will consider:
Forwarding to its Monday, Dec. 3 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes parking hours in Longbeach Village on Broadway between Lois Avenue and Bayside Drive.
• An ordinance that approves a $40,000 budget transfer for renovations to the Linley Street boat ramps.
• A resolution that approves a 10-year potable water supply plan that must be updated every five years.
• A 2013 Town Commission meeting schedule.
• The town’s participation in the 2012 Longboat Key Gourmet Lawn Party.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?